+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 344 passes - zero shots

344 passes - zero shots

Didn't know what to call the thread, but think the above stat says everything!!!

As a comparison, Stockport had 355 passes, and 25 shots ...

The problem is that opposing teams know how to play against the 'Crewe way'. You also need players that are able to play a possession-based game.

I have been tracking Derby, and they had a very similar problem. They had managers who insisted on playing out from the back, and playing 'tippy-tappy' football.

The club have appointed a new manager who plays a totally different style-of-play, and not the 'Derby way'.

Tried to keep the above brief, but my question to fellow fans is "Are you prepared to stop trying to play champagne football, and have a more direct style-of-play?"

Yes I would accept that but unfortunately we don't have the personnel for it to be effective.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Yes I would accept that but unfortunately we don't have the personnel for it to be effective.
    We don’t have the personnel for a professional football team

I feel sorry for the fans who have paid to get to these grounds on travel and food and then back again and yet to be beaten by a club in its first season back in the league etc. That is disgraceful when we were a league higher last season. Even McGarry thought we would get beat 3-0...That says a lot.

Fans want to see us compete by getting stuck in and creating chances and imv that has always meant playing direct football. What is the point of 90% possession and to lose a game? People are fed up here about me on about the academy but WTF do these coaches do day in day out? Coach players to kick a ball, defend a ball, take a penalty, score from 5 yards, 10 yards, 30 yards etc etc. Throw ins, defend, attack?????? Cos that takes place as soon as we can kick a ball at aged 5...Coaches are shouting at the players on match days and presumably in training when they should keep their collective gobs shut and allow the players to play the game. They are in many ways causing problems and then the players get fed up but can't say anything as they were dropped from the team.

The only way my mind works is to downgrade the academy to a couple of people. Only allow 16 years plus to train with them. Use the local facilities like Shavington and leave RH and the thousand coaches we seem to have there and save a load of money to buy seasoned Pro's where there are thousands around the place. If we are seeing players that have had ten years of coaching, there is something drastically wrong. Just my view but we need a board to bite the bullet and start again...Anyone recognise the next two million transfer out here that will fund the academy for a couple of years?

At the moment, I feel that we are being too negative, worrying too much about conceding.

Would love us to attack more even of it means leaving us more vulnerable at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    At the moment, I feel that we are being too negative, worrying too much about conceding.

Would love us to attack more even of it means leaving us more vulnerable at the back.
    What if the players don't know how to as the coaches are too invloved in training and match days.

You really cannot have three managers in the Tech area all with different ideas and shouting at the players.

I would like to know exactly what money all these coaches are on here and we certainly don't need a GK coach and yet presumably paying all or part of his wages? Its all crazy. I would not allow loan players from a higher division as that is not fair on the other clubs in the division.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 26-12-2022 at 10:29 PM.

I would prefer us to defend BUT from just outside the opponent's penalty area. I'd love to see the use of a very high press as against Rochdale in the season opener. Also we need some orthodox wing play. We know from those early games that Agyei can play CF, has an enormous leap and likes to attack a defence head on. So a striker to back up for the existing injuries and a couple of nippy orthodox wingers in January please!
    In direct reply to the question: I don't care how we play for the rest of the season as long as we have a decent run of results that confirm our midtable mediocrity.
    And then focus on improving next season.

Oh and to add to the above, miraculous recoveries from CBR, Long and Ainley.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Oh and to add to the above, miraculous recoveries from CBR, Long and Ainley.
    CBR yes Long is a lost cause and Ainley happy for him to stay injured until June been a leech at club for many years happy to see the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I would prefer us to defend BUT from just outside the opponent's penalty area. I'd love to see the use of a very high press as against Rochdale in the season opener. Also we need some orthodox wing play. We know from those early games that Agyei can play CF, has an enormous leap and likes to attack a defence head on. So a striker to back up for the existing injuries and a couple of nippy orthodox wingers in January please!
    In direct reply to the question: I don't care how we play for the rest of the season as long as we have a decent run of results that confirm our midtable mediocrity.
    And then focus on improving next season.
    Unless the board changes no chance of improvement our release list at the end of this season needs to be 12-15 players long way to much crap at the club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast