+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

Spoke too soon, looks like more business to be done tonight.

Looks like two very good prospects. Seems that Southampton rate Finnigan very highly and Brighton paid £400k for the young keeper.
    Time will tell, but it looks like LB and his staff have developed some very good contacts who trust us with their better young players.

LB said the other day that the goalkeeper position was now for Dave Richards to lose. I presume that he meant with his on field performances so I presume that the young lad will start on the bench. After saying that I can't see that he has come to bench warm, interesting.
    It's about time that we loaned a decent midfielder again who can make a difference. I must admit that initially I thought that King fitted the bill but alas no. Let's hope that Flanagan can do the business but ideally I would have liked a bit more experience. I guess that is where we are at the moment.
    Finney on his way perhaps?

Goalkeeper Beale looks about 15. Not quite as imposing as Arthur.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Looks like two very good prospects. Seems that Southampton rate Finnigan very highly and Brighton paid £400k for the young keeper.
    Time will tell, but it looks like LB and his staff have developed some very good contacts who trust us with their better young players.
    I could not care a jot about the prospects of other clubs players who just come here to replace our own academy players. I wonder what the costs are? They only come here to get games and nothing else and say cherio if another club comes along. Bad, bad idea and policy of the club and management. If we have to have loan players, they should be experienced and mid or late twenties...There must be hundreds about the place but no doubt we could afford them and so bring the kids from elsewhere in..

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I could not care a jot about the prospects of other clubs players who just come here to replace our own academy players. I wonder what the costs are? They only come here to get games and nothing else and say cherio if another club comes along. Bad, bad idea and policy of the club and management. If we have to have loan players, they should be experienced and mid or late twenties...There must be hundreds about the place but no doubt we could afford them and so bring the kids from elsewhere in..
    There is nothing at all wrong in bringing players in on loan even if they are other clubs Academy players. The lad from Southampton is highly rated I am reliably informed and it benefits both clubs. We are getting a decent player and aiding his development and the positive results he will contribute to and Saints benefit because their lad is at a good club who are going to treat him in the right way and introducing him to league football. Prem and Championship players go to League 1 and 2 clubs, and players from our level go out on loan to National League teams and lower. Works for everyone Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    There is nothing at all wrong in bringing players in on loan even if they are other clubs Academy players. The lad from Southampton is highly rated I am reliably informed and it benefits both clubs. We are getting a decent player and aiding his development and the positive results he will contribute to and Saints benefit because their lad is at a good club who are going to treat him in the right way and introducing him to league football. Prem and Championship players go to League 1 and 2 clubs, and players from our level go out on loan to National League teams and lower. Works for everyone Mike.
    Timmy, I rate what you say as you are extremely fair in your comments but its rather a strange position for me in condemning our academy category on one hand and then supporting it in this case when kids have spent years here waiting for their chance. Maybe they are not good enough but it doesn't seem fair on our players like our number one GK who has spent half the season on the bench which would depress anyone and had Arthur stopped here may have spent the whole season there which could affect his future in the game. He made two excellent saves on Saturday according to RStoke and so shows he can perform. Its probably me and I accept my frailties but I really could not care a less for other clubs youngsters..when we spend so much on our own academy. I accept we have always benefited from sending players out to the National leagues and some good players too but they are part time leagues and so possibly not as bad as Professional Leagues.

I would like to see more experienced players if we need to have loan players and again would love to know what the costs to the club are?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 18-01-2023 at 10:43 PM.

I don't know who does the transfer announcements at Crewe, but the announcement of Finnigan is embarrassing, come on Crewe there are non league clubs who are miles ahead of us when it comes to social media.

I think one poster needs to remember that loan arrangements are a two way benefit. Without a loan system, would Ng, Dale, Wintle, Lowery to name but 4, have developed as they have? It's not all a one way system.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I don't know who does the transfer announcements at Crewe, but the announcement of Finnigan is embarrassing, come on Crewe there are non league clubs who are miles ahead of us when it comes to social media.
    In his interview however it was interesting that he said Olly Lancashire, their U-23 coach of course, had encouraged him to come here - one of our useful links!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast