+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transfer news

And now David Amoo, 31, a winger from Stevenage, ex-Vale. Direct in his wing play.
    Signed until end of season.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    And now David Amoo, 31, a winger from Stevenage, ex-Vale. Direct in his wing play.
    Signed until end of season.
    At least we are getting in some 'new blood' - and I would hope that this one is out of nappies ...

Be interested to read the thoughts of @TerryHarkin

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    At least we are getting in some 'new blood' - and I would hope that this one is out of nappies ...

I'm here........ Just read the news.

On the whole a good signing, will bring in experience, his strength is his crossing, watch his cross for Pope to score at Man City, he also knows where the goal is, the other good thing about him is his character, a good seasoned Pro and very popular at Vale Park, a good short term signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Harkin View Post
    I'm here........ Just read the news.

On the whole a good signing, will bring in experience, his strength is his crossing, watch his cross for Pope to score at Man City, he also knows where the goal is, the other good thing about him is his character, a good seasoned Pro and very popular at Vale Park, a good short term signing.
    He sounds just what we need. Needs to stay fit for us and himself if he wants to earn a new deal.

Thanks for the info ....

Found a clip on t'internet of his cross for Pope's goal against Citeh, cheers!!

Didn't see this one coming - I guess he's been out of Stevenage's starting XI in their successful season to date? At least we have some attacking options now, even without CBR and Long.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Why the hell are we loaning an 18 year old GK we have lost a 21 year old GK who was keeping out a pretty poor GK in Richards and have loaned an 18 yr old kid who is going to do nothing but bench warm is Tom Booth not 18 ? Why the f*** have we wasted a loan slot with somebody else’s kid pathetic. Terrible loan send him back and get somebody who is experienced and decent we have enough inexperienced kids at Gresty towers we don’t need anymore. If we have to loan kids what is the point of Reaseheath that place would be better with sheep on it or cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Why the hell are we loaning an 18 year old GK we have lost a 21 year old GK who was keeping out a pretty poor GK in Richards and have loaned an 18 yr old kid who is going to do nothing but bench warm is Tom Booth not 18 ? Why the f*** have we wasted a loan slot with somebody else’s kid pathetic. Terrible loan send him back and get somebody who is experienced and decent we have enough inexperienced kids at Gresty towers we don’t need anymore. If we have to loan kids what is the point of Reaseheath that place would be better with sheep on it or cows.
    We have loaned a keeper from Brighton to allow us to send Tom Booth out to get some game time. He was recalled from Nantwich because Arthur was recalled. Rightly, our management would rather he was getting game time somewhere else which is why we have brought a "kid" in, I assume to sit on out bench!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    We have loaned a keeper from Brighton to allow us to send Tom Booth out to get some game time. He was recalled from Nantwich because Arthur was recalled. Rightly, our management would rather he was getting game time somewhere else which is why we have brought a "kid" in, I assume to sit on out bench!

I except that we want our 18 year old to get game time but the idea of loans is to strengthen your squad do you think loaning an 18yr old kid to bench warm is strengthening your squad ? I certainly don’t it’s a very poor piece of business again do you think Richards is going to be challenged I certainly don’t.

Pretty obvious I would have thought, Wartman. The manager wants Booth to play and therefore develop. He is not ready for the first team yet, but will only improve by playing in someone's first team. Hence signing a keeper on loan to allow Booth to go out and play. Totally for our benefit!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast