+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Derby v Cambridge

Mbappe surely, wheres your ambition?

... and Messi, at the very least.

A 1-0 hammering. They had a couple of periods of pressure, especially immediately after the goal. Apart from that we controlled it for long periods.

I feel for Collo. Works hard, moves a lot but doesn't seem to make an impact. We need to work out how to play to his strengths or make a change up top.

Cracking header from Dobbs. Apart from that ir was the usual promise ruined by poor decision making. He 's still you though so might learn.

Hourihane was disappointing again. No surprise he was replaced.

Sibs. Unlucky with the booking. Out of position twice but saved by Cash and then by Foz. Apart from that he was good. Once Conor went off he resumed dead ball duties. Brilliant. As he has been every time he's had that job this season. IMO he does it better than Conor so I'd give the dead ball job on a permanent basis.

The rest were good or better today.

Yes we won. Yes we deserved to. Still room for improvement. Should beat Accy next up and then look to go on a run of wins. Is PW strong enough to take a couple of hard decisions? Will those decisions be made easier by any incoming players?

I think we are being effective but could be more so if we played a bit more football than we have.

Good performance

Up to 5th, need to kick on a bit and build a gap to 7th cement ourselves in the top 6 at least

Warne will get us up if not this season then next no need to worry

If Knight goes I think two or three in and get the team built as we go through this season

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    . Is PW strong enough to take a couple of hard decisions?
    I think me might have already done it. Dobbin for barkhuizen from the start, Knight for hourihan from mid second half.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    A 1-0 hammering. They had a couple of periods of pressure, especially immediately after the goal. Apart from that we controlled it for long periods.

I feel for Collo. Works hard, moves a lot but doesn't seem to make an impact. We need to work out how to play to his strengths or make a change up top.

Cracking header from Dobbs. Apart from that ir was the usual promise ruined by poor decision making. He 's still you though so might learn.

Hourihane was disappointing again. No surprise he was replaced.

Sibs. Unlucky with the booking. Out of position twice but saved by Cash and then by Foz. Apart from that he was good. Once Conor went off he resumed dead ball duties. Brilliant. As he has been every time he's had that job this season. IMO he does it better than Conor so I'd give the dead ball job on a permanent basis.

The rest were good or better today.

Yes we won. Yes we deserved to. Still room for improvement. Should beat Accy next up and then look to go on a run of wins. Is PW strong enough to take a couple of hard decisions? Will those decisions be made easier by any incoming players?

I think we are being effective but could be more so if we played a bit more football than we have.
    Nutshell!

More importantly...at the turn of the year we are where we need to be and in a much better place than many of us would have settled for earlier in the year.
    Can we push on? Remains to be seen. I don’t think Warne would have joined thinking that he would have to wait until 2024 to make any meaningful signings so I continue to be optimistic...and, as the turn of the year approaches, let’s be grateful to Rosenior.
    He made some major changes in the summer. Collins and Hourihane still have much to prove but the rest have, imo, all been a success.

I like the style of football we're playing, it's a good mix, it's fast, and it's positive. A bit more quality with the crossing / finishing and we'd have scored 4/5. Can't fault the effort levels.
    I thought Didzy had a bad (by his standards) game yesterday, clearly not 100% following his illness. One particular moment, Collins was clear through on goal with a very simple pass, Didzy cut inside and mi**** a cross/shot/pass into the stands.
    Collins worked hard last night, but nobody found him with a pass / cross where it mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Good performance

Up to 5th, need to kick on a bit and build a gap to 7th cement ourselves in the top 6 at least

Warne will get us up if not this season then next no need to worry

If Knight goes I think two or three in and get the team built as we go through this season
    But I thought we wouldn't benefit financially if Knight went?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    But I thought we wouldn't benefit financially if Knight went?
    Come on, GP. Why do you keep on expecting him to remember what he posted yesterday or last week... ?

As regards the possible sale of Knight (and or Bielik) I’m not sure exactly where we stand.
    Say, hypothetically, we were to raise £5m from the sale of JK - which personally I wouldn’t want to see anyway - I still don’t believe we can spend that money on transfer fees until 1/1/24.
    I believe we can put it towards wages and spend it on improving the Academy but not...as I understand...on any actual fees.
    As I say, I’m ‘not sure’...anyone got a definitive answer?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 31-12-2022 at 12:09 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)