+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shinniesta

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Also if the DET reporting of Warne's comments is accurate, he isn't looking for a midfielder, as he has plenty of options there, which woudl be increased if he gets a right back.

So that says Bielik isn't returning. Right back and wingers/wide midfielders seem to be Warne's stated targets.
    Yet dumbass "news" outlets such as Football League World keep linking us with Nelson, Shinnie, the Boro lad and the Pompey lad. All of which have been denied, some more than once, by Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Yet dumbass "news" outlets such as Football League World keep linking us with Nelson, Shinnie, the Boro lad and the Pompey lad. All of which have been denied, some more than once, by Warne.
    There was a really dumb DET headline about Warnes 3 transfers which turned out to be the DET's speculation, who gets paid to write this crap?

I take comfort that Warne seems to play a straight bat, denies rumours and keeps quiet about his targets. Plus there is no big announcement by Clowes, he just lets the manager/head coach do his job.

Shinnie has been signed by Aberdeen, so thats one rumoured transfer that wont happen!

Just ignore them, even if they don't go away.

There was a really dumb DET headline about Warnes 3 transfers which turned out to be the DET's speculation, who gets paid to write this crap?

I take comfort that Warne seems to play a straight bat, denies rumours and keeps quiet about his targets. Plus there is no big announcement by Clowes, he just lets the manager/head coach do his job.
    Completely agree. I only use the DT for verification that something has happened these days and as for selling their complete guesswork as a piece of ‘reporting’...utterly ridiculous!

Gerald Mortimer may not have been the most charismatic of people but he certainly had his finger on the pulse and the old DET advertising hoardings that we all used to pass on our commute home left you in no doubt that they had a story worth reading as a result of honest well written reporting.

Tbh you get more sense and information on here or from other ‘sources’ than you can from the DT with it’s badly written make believe these days.

Just ignore them, even if they don't go away.
    They are fun for entertainment purposes, I guess thats the pressure of churning out a story each day to fill the sports pages and generate clicks online!!

The internet may allow access to more information easily but there is an awful lot of chaff to wade through first!

Really it's simply a question of which crap organisation put it out there first. That DT "3" story also appeared on FLW and the Athletic and the72 and other "news outlets" in slightly different wording. FLW have now made it 4, one of which is Shinnie who has already gone to Aberdeen.

One dreams up summat and the rest reword it. I'm waiting for the first one of them to claim we might be interested in a certain player with links to the city. Possibly something as tenuous as he once ate a slice of Sage Derby cheese...

One dreams up summat and the rest reword it. I'm waiting for the first one of them to claim we might be interested in a certain player with links to the city. Possibly something as tenuous as he once ate a slice of Sage Derby cheese...
    Mel Sage! Now you’re talking. Mr. Consistency. Great RB. Now a taxi driver in Gillingham...doesn’t seem fare (sic) does it?

They are (to) generate clicks
    thats the exact reason for a) all the speculative garbage they publish/copy and b) the tortuous route to get to the story relating to the headline (if even possible), the advertisers pay per click. DET and all the associated rags in that group have become increasingly desperate in that regard recently. For me, fact = the DCFC website and associated facebook feed, speculation is places such as this, DET is effectively irrelevant

Don't disagree, though the club website is generally an after the vent report. But there can be the odd scrap of info out there which proves to be true. However, the club now seem to be fairly tight regarding leaks, even my usually dependable source has dried up, which I think is a good thing, clearly there is much tighter control over information being disseminated and Clowes likes to get on and do things quietly, only talking about them when they are done. Which is very refreshing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)