+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Spotted amongst The Faithful at Bolton, Graham Shinnie, who was approached for 'a chat' with one or more of our training staff at half time. Portent of things to come, or just wishful thinkng on my part?

Hed be another who be better under Warne than the keepball of Cocu and Wooney

We’re defiantly ditching the possession game that much is obvious at this point, I think Clowes has started the removal of the youth academy or at least getting it downgraded and put into the background which is great. You cant plan 10 years ahead in this game and trying to build a team full of kids will never work not in these leagues (champ and below), it works in Netherlands with their less pysical game but not here.

Players like Shinnie are who we need in this league in my opinion so get him in if possible. Been linked with a few of Warnies former boys at Rotherham as well but might need to wait until the summer ? Barlaser would be a cracking addition personally, a Crooks type if he can possibly get a type in as well

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Hed be another who be better under Warne than the keepball of Cocu and Wooney

We’re defiantly ditching the possession game that much is obvious at this point, I think Clowes has started the removal of the youth academy or at least getting it downgraded and put into the background which is great. You cant plan 10 years ahead in this game and trying to build a team full of kids will never work not in these leagues (champ and below), it works in Netherlands with their less pysical game but not here.

Players like Shinnie are who we need in this league in my opinion so get him in if possible. Been linked with a few of Warnies former boys at Rotherham as well but might need to wait until the summer ? Barlaser would be a cracking addition personally, a Crooks type if he can possibly get a type in as well
    That would be the academy which has produced a number of players, some of which we have sold on for significant sums, and others are still in the first team? Mm not sure where your info comes from, but I can find no evidence to back this up and for a club at this level, growing ones own is almost an essential and something Derby have done successfully.

We havent in recent seasons though

Morris came in and it fell apart later in in his ownership. Weve got none coming through right now, Sibley and Thompson the only ones left

I prefer to build a team the proper way in the transfer market, wheel and deal if thats the way we need to go

Not saying spend for the sake of spending like Morris ejther. But Morris advocated for an academy and then spent like a fool on overrated tripe

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    We havent in recent seasons though

Morris came in and it fell apart later in in his ownership. Weve got none coming through right now, Sibley and Thompson the only ones left

I prefer to build a team the proper way in the transfer market, wheel and deal if thats the way we need to go
    Max Bird, Eiran Cashin Jason Knight not in your starting line up then?

So only 5 players in the team from the academy then? Plus selling a couple of youngsters kept the club afloat during administration, then of course there was Hughes, Bennett, I mean its obvious not worth it.

Since when has building a team in the transfer market been the "proper" way? It wasn't so long ago that manure won a league title with a team composed almost entirely of players that had come through their academy! I really haven't read such an inaccurate post for a long time and that includes some by my Forest supporting friend.

Oh, and Jack Stretton, Osazee Aghatise and Bart Cybulski to name some bubbling under or out on loan. We got good money for Hendrick and "Lowe n Bogle" too, so clear it's a pile of ****e

Clearly the way forward for a club with hardly a pot to piss in is to scrap the academy and rely solely on the transfer market, like spending millions on players has worked out really well for the club in recent years!!

Either way, returning to the topic...let’s not forget that Wigan is only about twelve miles down the road from Bolton. As I understand it Shinnie’s wife and kids were homesick for Scotland after the move across the border and have returned home. Presumably GS remains under contract at Wigan and can earn more in the Championship than in Scotland (Celtic and Rangers apart)...can understand why he’d be welcomed back but probably just at a loose end and looking to meet up with some old colleagues.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)