+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Versus Carlisle tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    The incident with Offord and Stretton was 'off the ball', just watched it back on the "highlights" and Luke raises his arm and catches him on the head - unfortunately the ref was only a few yards away, and red-carded him pdq.
    Just looked and it seems as though Offord aimed a punch and the player went down. The ref must have seen it and had no hesitation. Some think he may get banned for 4 games rather than 3 with just coming back after his previous suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    The incident with Offord and Stretton was 'off the ball', just watched it back on the "highlights" and Luke raises his arm and catches him on the head - unfortunately the ref was only a few yards away, and red-carded him pdq.
    Just looked and it seems as though Offord aimed a punch and the player went down. The ref must have seen it and had no hesitation. Some think he may get banned for 4 games rather than 3 with just coming back after his previous suspension.

McDonald again makes an error and its led to a goal. How come he gets a game but its a problem here at Crewe when players think they can dribble away the whole time when they need to boot the ball into the stand.

Their manager said after the game, our pitch was the worst condition he has ever seen at Crewe.

The other goal from a set piece corner and there were 9 Alex players in that 6 yard area and not one of them jumped up to head the ball away and we have a million pound a season academy that cannot tell the players to JUMP for the sodding ball when it comes in. This is why the academy is a useless expensive luxury that we cannot afford and any money needs spending on players who KNOW how to play this game, not being taught by out of contact useless coaches that most have never played this game. If I were Chairman watching these games. I would sack all the coaches and non players at RH and start again and spend any money on players who CAN play this game and not taught board games at RH..I mean just WHO is teaching the players to just stand there?
    Last edited by MikeSB; 30-12-2022 at 10:44 AM.

[QUOTE=Wartman;40181301]If he is that kind of player why to a man did we just pump the ball forward over is head you might as well put a traffic cone up front for what use he is one dimensional.

First, if you read my post you would have seen that I made that point re: why put the ball in the air.
    Second, you compound this error by suggesting that (the error of putting the ball in the air) it makes EVANS one-dimensional!
    The fact that his strength lies other than aerial duels is not one-dimensional. I assume that most footballers think in greater terms than whether they are good at jumping or not. OR putting a physicist in front of a car engine and seeing that person not able to do a mechanic's job is not one-dimensional either.

Mike there is one very important thing in football that it would appear that virtually all our coaches and supporters (posters) ignore. STATISTICS. You were correctly pointing out some issues with our defence.

The fact is that Offord and MacDonald as a CB pairing does not work. Which one is to blame I do not know. Check the statistics when they have been paired together and we have struggled to win ANY games. Yet when MacDonald was injured Offord was paired with BSD and we won 3 straight games 1-0. Leads you to a question, which pair of CB`s would you select

No surprise that when MacDonald was fit again that BSD was immediately dropped, and has not been seen again. And amazingly with our favoured 2 back in place once again we have struggled to win any games once more. I am confident that our coaches and lots of our supporters will be shocked when I suggest that Offord and MacDonald should never be paired together.

But I am confident that my soaring popularity will not be affected.

[QUOTE=gazan;40181446]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    If he is that kind of player why to a man did we just pump the ball forward over is head you might as well put a traffic cone up front for what use he is one dimensional.

First, if you read my post you would have seen that I made that point re: why put the ball in the air.
    Second, you compound this error by suggesting that (the error of putting the ball in the air) it makes EVANS one-dimensional!
    The fact that his strength lies other than aerial duels is not one-dimensional. I assume that most footballers think in greater terms than whether they are good at jumping or not. OR putting a physicist in front of a car engine and seeing that person not able to do a mechanic's job is not one-dimensional either.

Footballers have a very limited repertoire I am suggesting he is one dimensional as he is only any good with the ball at his feet he is not able to hold up the ball physically, pose an aerial threat in both boxes and more importantly be a physical nuisance that ties up both Center halves therefore by definition he is quite one dimensional. I am not suggesting any of the other things I only expect a professional footballer to offer a little bit more in terms of footballing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Mike there is one very important thing in football that it would appear that virtually all our coaches and supporters (posters) ignore. STATISTICS. You were correctly pointing out some issues with our defence.

The fact is that Offord and MacDonald as a CB pairing does not work. Which one is to blame I do not know. Check the statistics when they have been paired together and we have struggled to win ANY games. Yet when MacDonald was injured Offord was paired with BSD and we won 3 straight games 1-0. Leads you to a question, which pair of CB`s would you select

No surprise that when MacDonald was fit again that BSD was immediately dropped, and has not been seen again. And amazingly with our favoured 2 back in place once again we have struggled to win any games once more. I am confident that our coaches and lots of our supporters will be shocked when I suggest that Offord and MacDonald should never be paired together.

But I am confident that my soaring popularity will not be affected.

Hi Luckour the best defender at the club is Mellor period, Offord is ok but will not develop much more than a league 1 defender, Zak Williams overrated (very) Adebisi dreadful, BSD slower than the mother in law, McDonald past it. We will manage to destroy oRiordan in a couple of games when he is like Dave Crockett at the Alamo. Crewe have not produced many decent CB I will remind you of Davies and Ray in recent times (who I remember the club thought very highly of them both) fast forward and their careers were a crock as once again the club overhyping players to convince only themselves that the ACademy is the holy grail. With the exception of Tabiner the rest of the current crop are ****e and time will prove me right.

In answer to your question ORiordan should be paired with an experienced championship CB akin to when we loaned Alan Tait who showed all of our wannabes the art of defending.

For me Offord may be a possible prospect But certainly not as a CB/ Maybe a midfielder.

I take it that none of the football experts on here heard Peter Morse`s comment on Offord

Slow and too often caught in possession. Not tall enough and poor in air. Not physically strong enough for a CB, and prone to making stupid fouls in the penalty area. At set pieces he rarely challenges and is slow at turning

Morse`s boss McGarry was not well pleased with his comments and spent the rest of the match praising Offord. Of course Morse realised he had been put in place and stayed silent. It actually was quite amusing.

those comments were during the Swindon game

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123