+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Versus Carlisle tomorrow!

Versus Carlisle tomorrow!

I may as well start this to save gazan some ink!

I think we will get beat 3-1. I will be interested in the gate as some National League teams are getting nearer 10,000 at home now.. I suspect ours tomorrow will be just under 5K. Is that too optimistic? against Tranmere next week, it could be around 6.5K..

I can only see 3.5k home supporters tonight at best so I will go with 4.3k and a 1-1 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    I can only see 3.5k home supporters tonight at best so I will go with 4.3k and a 1-1 draw.
    Gate will be around 3.8K and we will lose 0-3

Thats what I like about you Wartman, always the optimist lol. Only joking. Oh heck with the crap that LB, AM, and KL are putting in front of us and calling it Football, supporters of the Alex have to have a sense of humour

Big fan of Carlisle's manager Paul Simpson, and I don't expect them to 'park the bus' tonight.

Anyway, I don't believe in Santa any more, coz I've been good(-ish) and he didn't give us 3 points for the last game like I asked for.

Really hope we can get a win - for the players confidence levels, and more particularly for Lee Bell.

2-1 win, and 4k gate (fingers crossed)

As Carlisle will be bringing quite a few and this being our 1st home game for a while, I expect the gate to be about 4,800.
    In terms of the result, despite the 0-0 away draw, I can't see us getting anything from this, including a goal. However should Evans play and not Sambou we might manage one. I don't expect Evans to score it but at least he'll bring the play nearer the opposition goal. Who knows, Agyei might put a little effort in and get one!
    Otherwise- 0-2!

Would like to see Holicek and Evans involved again. If they are on the bench please can they please be brought on with 20-30 mins to go, not 2-3 !!

Evans playing, Mellor back, King misses out.

That was the perfect example of how not to play football. On recent performances we would not be competitive at National North level.

Bell, Morris, and Lunt should have the decency to resign tomorrow. With them in control our future looks so bleak. Along with my friends I walked out at the 3rd goal.

I don't mind losing when the opposition are clearly superior and they outplay us. But what is really galling is the fact that we gifted 3 stupid goals. The 3rd was a complete joke neither Griffiths nor Adebisi bothering to cover the Carlisle forward who was then given half the pitch to run into before slotting the ball into the corner.
    I am now beginning to worry as, by the time other players return or new ones arrive, the morale will be so low that it will be difficult to end the decline.
    I didn't see the Offord incident as I hadn't quite settled into the game ( a bit like the Alex themselves!). Whatever, the incident was classed as violent play so he'll be missing for 3 games. We might as well get used to him not being around as he won't be here much longer.
    Tabiner was the one bright spark. Him and Evans were the only people moving around into space in the first half. Evans couldn't do much as the ball kept being punted up in the air, whereas he's a runner, not a target man.
    Agyei continues to frustrate me: he only moves when he's given the ball and in the first half didn't look for his team-mates.
    Ah well go again on Sunday against a team that HAVE outplayed us at least once this season.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast