+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Away at the fermers!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Shedka says we have a good record there and he must be correct however i honestly dinnie remember it being that way apart from the time where GMS turned Dave Mackay inside out on the byline,i think we hammered them that day.I remember Jackie Mac trying to be smart and making multiple changes for a new year game which backfired big time.
    Since we came back up, we've played them four times at McDiarmid. We've won once (1-0) and drawn the other three (0-0).

Before that, our record at McDiarmid was awful.

Our away record this season is f@cking awful, we need to win this and start climbing the table.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Since we came back up, we've played them four times at McDiarmid. We've won once (1-0) and drawn the other three (0-0).

Before that, our record at McDiarmid was awful.
    Thanks mate,i can see where Shedka is coming from but i just felt i have had more bad than good days up there.The most annoying thing being a massive support turning it into a virtual home game and the team playing shyte to thank them.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Thanks mate,i can see where Shedka is coming from but i just felt i have had more bad than good days up there.The most annoying thing being a massive support turning it into a virtual home game and the team playing shyte to thank them.
    Yeah, i can't remember too many times where it hasn't been a dire day at the football as far as McDiarmid is concerned.

I feel like another win is needed here. County are away to Aberdeen where they have quite a good record. Killie at home to St. Mirren which is almost certainly a home banker. Motherwell away to Livi where they also have a decent record in recent visits.

Quite unbelievably, looking at the form table there, we are sitting 4th!

Last 5 visits including April 2016

SJ 0-1 Utd
    SJ 0-0 Utd
    SJ 0-0 Utd - 4-3 Utd on pens
    SJ 0-1 Utd
    SJ 0-0 Utd

They had a wee spell around the Tommy Wright era where they beat us 3-4 times in Perth but the few years before that was all us

Yeah, i can't remember too many times where it hasn't been a dire day at the football as far as McDiarmid is concerned.

I feel like another win is needed here. County are away to Aberdeen where they have quite a good record. Killie at home to St. Mirren which is almost certainly a home banker. Motherwell away to Livi where they also have a decent record in recent visits.

Quite unbelievably, looking at the form table there, we are sitting 4th!

Honestly, it's not unbelievable, league is so tight, the only anamoly being our August league form where we were a joke but since then we've been improved, been in every single game under Fox even the wee spell of narrow defeats away from home, even though we didn't win any of the first 3 under him, when you think we had 2 pts and 4 goals and -18 GD after 8 league games, in last 10 we have 14 pts and 20 goals +7 GD

Still gonna take awhile to get out of danger, it's no quick fix given how difficult and tight the league is but think we will do it, Killie and County play in near future, Killie play Celtic away when we host Sevco next week so other fixtures crucial also

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Last 5 visits including April 2016

SJ 0-1 Utd
    SJ 0-0 Utd
    SJ 0-0 Utd - 4-3 Utd on pens
    SJ 0-1 Utd
    SJ 0-0 Utd

They had a wee spell around the Tommy Wright era where they beat us 3-4 times in Perth but the few years before that was all us
    That's what i was thinking about mate the Tommy Wright era which of course also incorporated a shocking Scottish Cup final defeat.

Honestly, it's not unbelievable, league is so tight, the only anamoly being our August league form where we were a joke but since then we've been improved, been in every single game under Fox even the wee spell of narrow defeats away from home, even though we didn't win any of the first 3 under him, when you think we had 2 pts and 4 goals and -18 GD after 8 league games, in last 10 we have 14 pts and 20 goals +7 GD

Still gonna take awhile to get out of danger, it's no quick fix given how difficult and tight the league is but think we will do it, Killie and County play in near future, Killie play Celtic away when we host Sevco next week so other fixtures crucial also
    Given we've lost 4 of our last 7 in the league, it is quite unbelievable imo.

Given we've lost 4 of our last 7 in the league, it is quite unbelievable imo.

Only if you only focus on our results and not the league as a whole then you may get surprised by it, 4 of our last 10 aswell btw, other teams are struggling more than us, we are not on a downward curve

Only if you only focus on our results
    Exactly.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)