+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Away at the fermers!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Away at the fermers!

With the next match just around the corner...thought we should start amatch thread.

Same again with the tempo and attitude, Killies win has just gone to show us that we need to keep pushing if we are to pull away from the bottom.

Anyone any clearer on how long Behich or McGrath are out for?

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    With the next match just around the corner...thought we should start amatch thread.

Same again with the tempo and attitude, Killies win has just gone to show us that we need to keep pushing if we are to pull away from the bottom.

Anyone any clearer on how long Behich or McGrath are out for?
    Behich was ill apparently so hopefully back by Monday, I can't read the courier article but I think McGrath has a calf strain( I hope this isn't a cover story for him ****ing off back to Wigan)

As above, Calf injury for McGrath. He's 2 weeks away but pushing for the Huns game.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    As above, Calf injury for McGrath. He's 2 weeks away but pushing for the Huns game.
    A win on Monday would set us up nicely to have a right go at those c@nts, would be good to have him back by then.

A win would put us within 5 pts of the perth muppets with a game in hand, a loss obviously makes it 11 pts

Good record there and nothing to fear, defend right and work hard, match their effort and we have good enough players to get a result

That would set us up nicely for the Sunday 4pm game with Sevco

If behich is fit to play. Think mcmann will keep his place and graham will be on the bench. All in all we go again hopefully with the same intensity.

Intensity, as has been said, is definitely key. We need to make sure we don't drop off like we did a bit towards the end of the first half against County. Line up wise, actually not too concerned. Have good options all over the park, most of whom have some confidence. Similar to playing County, if we can keep playing football and avoid their desire to make the game ugly, we have more than enough to beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    Intensity, as has been said, is definitely key. We need to make sure we don't drop off like we did a bit towards the end of the first half against County. Line up wise, actually not too concerned. Have good options all over the park, most of whom have some confidence. Similar to playing County, if we can keep playing football and avoid their desire to make the game ugly, we have more than enough to beat them.
    Shedka says we have a good record there and he must be correct however i honestly dinnie remember it being that way apart from the time where GMS turned Dave Mackay inside out on the byline,i think we hammered them that day.I remember Jackie Mac trying to be smart and making multiple changes for a new year game which backfired big time.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Shedka says we have a good record there and he must be correct however i honestly dinnie remember it being that way apart from the time where GMS turned Dave Mackay inside out on the byline,i think we hammered them that day.I remember Jackie Mac trying to be smart and making multiple changes for a new year game which backfired big time.
    was that no 8 years ago yesterday? sure i seen a 'memory' pop up on my facebook and it was me ranting about paying £20+ to watch the reserves play fermers

will always go down in United history as one of the most stupid decisions a manager had ever made

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    was that no 8 years ago yesterday? sure i seen a 'memory' pop up on my facebook and it was me ranting about paying £20+ to watch the reserves play fermers

will always go down in United history as one of the most stupid decisions a manager had ever made
    It was in the Xmas/New Year period in 2013/14 OA. TBF some of the changes were forced due to The Jim Goodwin Show in Paisley a couple of days before but JMac thought he was being super clever by rotating almost the entire starting XI. Little did we know then but just five months later his ‘I Know Best’ approach would phuck us up again against the same team in a match of much greater importance………………

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)