+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Organising a fans buy out?

We have to start somewhere Mick … and well done for trying. Given the profile around the MSD loan, Lai’s non payment of his loan (maybe a miracle will occur but we all doubt it), Peace’s original loan going to investigation, lack of investment, lack of interest, the light and paper waving …. seems like now is the time to tap into the groundswell of opinion.

Does need some kind of platform where everyone can jump on easily, needs organisation, probably needs some (limited) funds etc. Maybe the Albion shareholders forum might be interested as these guys are left truly high and dry - have money tied up in Albion shares (12%) but no influence and no way of getting their money out. Ultimately however although we can make life uncomfortable for Lai, he is sitting in China and only he can decide if and when he wants to sell. What motivates him is money.

But I agree we have to do something. The only hope at the moment is “s*** or bust” over the next two years - clinging onto the hope we might get promoted which might enable Lai to sell.

A serious local buyer may get flushed out by our circling around...

Is anyone on here an Albion shareholder or know a shareholder?

Forum member Stevi texted me to mention that his dad is one.

This might be the best first route, we approach them to see if they think we can coalesce behind a willing public face like an Adrian Chiles?

If a few of us could meet with shareholders I think that’s the best first step.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Is anyone on here an Albion shareholder or know a shareholder?

Forum member Stevi texted me to mention that his dad is one.

This might be the best first route, we approach them to see if they think we can coalesce behind a willing public face like an Adrian Chiles?

If a few of us could meet with shareholders I think that’s the best first step.
    Thats actually a very constructive route to take Mick.
    They have some what of an elevated presence as things stand. But I don't know how organized they are as minority shareholders.
    I was involved in a class action against another Chinese company back in 2016/17 in the courts....

The only thing that motivates this odious little man is money. Therefore, the one method to get rid of him is to buy him out and there lies the problem. He will only sell for a sum that comes near the inflated price he initially paid. He must have clawed some back from parachute payments, transfer dealings etc. so obviously won’t be looking for the original amount. The problem we have is to find somebody with the finances to do this. We don’t need a billionaire, just someone who is genuinely interested in us as a football club and to run us in a sensible, efficient and open manner.
    If this isn’t an option then we have to do all that we can to make life as difficult for him as possible.I therefore fully endorse all the suggestions and actions being muted by mickd and others.

Even if there are a few billionaires looking to buy a football club, why would they pay more for a club than it is worth? There may be some that are willing to pay a fair price for WBA but I suspect that Lai wants rather more than a ‘fair price’. He’s been found out as a mug and he wants another mug to bail him out. Also, how do you make things difficult for the tw@t, he’s thousands of miles away in China!

Wish he would just sell 39% of the club as ordinary shares. Tied in with the 12% already owned by supporters this would allow for a chairman to be elected by the fans, leaving him with a further 49% to sell later once a new board was established, I would want it to be run similar to Germany where no single shareholder can own more than 49%.
    I recon if he did this he would get more than if he sold to an investor.

The issue is that Lai overvalues the club. If the reported £175m is what he wants, then even 39% of shares will be overvalued. Would you pay, say, £100 for a share that is really worth about £65?

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    The issue is that Lai overvalues the club. If the reported £175m is what he wants, then even 39% of shares will be overvalued. Would you pay, say, £100 for a share that is really worth about £65?
    I would Ketts, this isn’t an ordinary business, what better legacy than to hand down a share in your club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)