+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-term predictions: Where will we finish?

Mid-term predictions: Where will we finish?

So now we're half way through the season, where does everyone think we'll finish? Unless something goes horribly wrong - e.g. long-term injuries to several key players and/or LW disappearing to some tinpot L1 side - I can't see us slipping out of the top two at this point. So it's either champions or runners up.

As much as I hope it doesn't happen, I think we'll eventually drop more points than Wrexham as the season grinds on, finishing a close second. It wouldn't surprise me if both clubs get over 100 points, but I think Wrexham will add further quality players to their squad to the point where they are mostly immune to injuries. Like it or not, they have an outstanding squad already.

From there, the max-pain scenario is to fail in the playoffs, so I'd go with that, despite thinking we have enough quality to win it.

Over to you.

Sorry, I don't feel I want to answer this question. I just want the club to do everything it can to win the next game.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    Sorry, I don't feel I want to answer this question. I just want the club to do everything it can to win the next game.

Yeah, this^^^

Lets just take every game as it comes and do our best to win it.

On the same page as Thai and Gumpy, in this unusual and rare lofty league position I'd much rather predict on a game by game basis rather than looking that far ahead at this stage.

Not be out the top 2. Question is, can we hadle it if we were to finish 2nd & the playoffs. My hope is we keep playing games when Wrexham are tied up in the cup & wining & putting physiological pressure on them. It's alright having games in hand, you have to win them & they will also playing more 2 games a week.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Not be out the top 2. Question is, can we hadle it if we were to finish 2nd & the playoffs. My hope is we keep playing games when Wrexham are tied up in the cup & wining & putting physiological pressure on them. It's alright having games in hand, you have to win them & they will also playing more 2 games a week.
    It's a weird one. In a way, finishing 2nd by ten points wouid be psychologically easier than finishing 2nd by one point - and, as a result, we'd have less of a hangover in the playoffs.

But I agree, if we can keep winning while Wrexham aren't playing, the pressure is on them. It's also important to remember that the pressure is far greater on Wrexham in general. The players must be aware that not only are they making football history, they're writing the script for a TV program that's being watched all over the world. That will make success even sweeter for them, but it will also make failure even more painful.

I also agree with the sentiment of other posters that we should take this season one game at a time. I was just interested to see whether us being top in the new year has made most fans confident or cautious, because I'm certainly the latter.

Yeah, don't want to answer either.
    That Luke Walsh pod was annoying, none of the 4 predicted a Notts promotion, our fan through modesty.
    All of Wrexham expects them to go up, they're generally dismissive of Notts' chances.

At the same time, they'll readily admit that we play better football.
    If we continue to play at the same level, put in the running, make the passes, cross with accuracy, finish well...there's nothing they can do to stop us. Same would go for the play-offs.

Champions or runners up… we’ll be in Div 3 next season

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    So now we're half way through the season, where does everyone think we'll finish? Unless something goes horribly wrong - e.g. long-term injuries to several key players and/or LW disappearing to some tinpot L1 side - I can't see us slipping out of the top two at this point. So it's either champions or runners up.

As much as I hope it doesn't happen, I think we'll eventually drop more points than Wrexham as the season grinds on, finishing a close second. It wouldn't surprise me if both clubs get over 100 points, but I think Wrexham will add further quality players to their squad to the point where they are mostly immune to injuries. Like it or not, they have an outstanding squad already.

From there, the max-pain scenario is to fail in the playoffs, so I'd go with that, despite thinking we have enough quality to win it.

Over to you.
    Financially are FGR a tinpot club,their owners are reported to be worth 120 million, and rank about mid in financial wealth for L1, and only 2 or 3 teams are wealthier in the league 2 below
    As for LW leavig i do not think he will, it would be like shooting himself in the foot, but if he does, i doubt the owners would be to bothered, we have great players, and excellent behind the scene setup

I just can’t bring myself to believe we will win the league, but I would say the same thing if I was a Wrexham fan and feel even less confident. So I guess I think we’ll win it?!
    Wrexham can sign more players but they already have a huge squad that should win this league on paper. Bloated squads can be a bad thing with cliques and divides.
    Chesterfield aren’t out of it yet and have the chance to take points off both of us this month.
    It feels like every game now is a title decider, which of course it isn’t but there’s next to no room for any bad results.
    Having games in hand and still being top is a big psychological advantage. I hope that’s enough to tip the scale our way.
    If we beat Oldham on Monday, Wrexham are under huge pressure to beat Solihull away on Tuesday.
    If we can get a 5 point lead without games in hand, I think we have enough to carry that through.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast