+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rest In Peace Pele

Rest In Peace Pele

The great man has sadly passed away, everyone was expecting it but when it actually happens, it's still a shock

RIP

Best player from a "more honest" era, genuine skill no drama or diving, just pure football.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Best player from a "more honest" era, genuine skill no drama or diving, just pure football.
    Tragic news, not unexpected but still a huge blow. You can only express sympathy and extend condolences to those close to the great man.

This is a sad day for sport, a huge loss of a titanic sportsman, legendary footballer but, more importantly, a true gentleman and probably the greatest ambassador for both the spirit and competitive nature of sport in general.

Simply the greatest - ever, full stop, end of story. For those who were privileged to see the likes of Pele, Cruyff, Best, Charlton & Puskas, amongst others, their achievements remain indelibly imprinted in the mind.

I saw him play twice, probably not at his best but still a majestic athlete and magnificent player.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    For those who were privileged to see the likes of Pele, Cruyff, Best, Charlton & Puskas, amongst others, their achievements remain indelibly imprinted in the mind.
    Just like saying "I saw Jimmy Sirrel's teams", this quote is one of the few advantages of being old. I think bule1 has already nailed it by referring to a "more honest" era, genuine skill no drama or diving, just pure football". Ever since I was a kid, Pele was the undisputed number one.

When you watched Pele, it really was the beautiful game.

Quote Originally Posted by uysapie View Post
    When you watched Pele, it really was the beautiful game.
    Tchau Pele

G.O.A.T.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    The great man has sadly passed away, everyone was expecting it but when it actually happens, it's still a shock
    Truly the greatest. R.l.P Black Pearl

Rest in peace Pelé

BBC Obituary
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-12-2022 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Tribute video blocked from sharing by FIFA clowns

Simply the Best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast