+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jan Transfer window and Scott Twine

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    If you are referring to the Scott Twine situation Warminster I quite agree. There has been a lot of speculation about why Scott has hardly featured this season but until we see him in action at Championship level for a meaningful period of games we should in all fairness reserve judgement. All we can say for certain at the moment is that VK is not picking him in his starting eleven.
    He's been out with some sort of problem for a very long time, while he's been out we've been scoring for fun and are top of the league, he's simply not going to replace those that have brought us that success. He's being brought along gradually by VK, eventually he'll get his chance, possibly if/when Tella goes. I can't see anything to worry about, that we have another striker waiting for his opportunity is a positive for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    He's been out with some sort of problem for a very long time, while he's been out we've been scoring for fun and are top of the league, he's simply not going to replace those that have brought us that success. He's being brought along gradually by VK, eventually he'll get his chance, possibly if/when Tella goes. I can't see anything to worry about, that we have another striker waiting for his opportunity is a positive for me.
    Nicely put sinkov.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Never mind the transfer window.I had people knocking on my house window today selling bread. Hovis witnesses apparently.
    I'd change your cracker supplier next year if I was you

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I'd change your cracker supplier next year if I was you
    Lol!

Im a bit confused by some of our signings this summer. I understand that promotion is first priority and we play our best players. But if our business model is to develop young players like Twine and several others, they must surly get some game time in the Championship. No? Will we grow a huge squad and loan players out? Or will we try to play that same style of football in the PL with mainly our current squad minus perhaps our three best defenders and a midfielder who will go back to their clubs?
    All I know is that I like winning in the Championship, I like our chairman and our manager, and I hope Weghorst sets the PL alight next year playing for us 😁

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Im a bit confused by some of our signings this summer. I understand that promotion is first priority and we play our best players. But if our business model is to develop young players like Twine and several others, they must surly get some game time in the Championship. No? Will we grow a huge squad and loan players out? Or will we try to play that same style of football in the PL with mainly our current squad minus perhaps our three best defenders and a midfielder who will go back to their clubs?
    All I know is that I like winning in the Championship, I like our chairman and our manager, and I hope Weghorst sets the PL alight next year playing for us ��
    Some good questions Will, but I can't help, like you I have no idea how this is going to pan out.

I have complete faith in VK to sail the ship. He seems to have the "drop" on all matters Claret & Blue, his post match comments from last night were bang on the money.

I would not be at all surprised if Beyer, Maatsen, TBH and Tella all find their way on to our "permanent" list.

It would be a massive bonus if we could sign the loanees. I would rather have that than new players coming in. I think that this squad could hold its own in the PL.

I do wonder about the future of the likes of Lowton and Westwood. Having said that we do need cover for injuries and suspensions. Perhaps they and others may feature more in the second half of the season as it progresses.

Twine is a bit of a mystery. What would be his position? Who would he replace?

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    It would be a massive bonus if we could sign the loanees. I would rather have that than new players coming in. I think that this squad could hold its own in the PL.

I do wonder about the future of the likes of Lowton and Westwood. Having said that we do need cover for injuries and suspensions. Perhaps they and others may feature more in the second half of the season as it progresses.

Twine is a bit of a mystery. What would be his position? Who would he replace?
    VK has stated that Twine will get his chance, he just needs to keep plugging away and take his opportunity when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VK has stated that Twine will get his chance, he just needs to keep plugging away and take his opportunity when it comes.
    That is good to know BT. Do you know where he would play? Is he a replacement for Barnes and JayRod, an attacking midfielder to replace Brownhill? He doesn’t look like a fighter in the mould of any of them. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see what he has got to offer.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)