+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: December stats

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think it is plainly obvious what needs to happen but the club is unable to deliver it because it has financially hamstrung itself, what needs to happen is

1) The recruitment of an experienced football manager
    2) Major input of money into the first team

And the above is realistically what needs to happen and it needs to happen know you won’t like this Gazan but CHANGE is needed and people don’t like CHANGE Gazan you are very good at saying what can’t be done and very good at sarcastically replying to other peoples suggestions but you are very light on suggestions yourself I’m afraid sackings is exactly what needs to happen you can’t make an omelette without breaking an egg bumbling along as this club and board is doing is going to end in disaster. What on earth do you think is happening at the moment the first team set up is a shambles and the board and manager has already said there is no money how the hell are they going to change anything with this business plan ?
    I repeat. Read my post. I agreed that change was necessary. So how do you come to the conclusion that I am opposed to change. THIS is my problem with such postings. No concept of detail. The process seems to be: knee-jerk+knee jerk + close off any thought process+ apply scattergun approach regardless of reality. Keep doing it as Lukcour loves it. Anyway give me a REALISTIC suggestion (not stating the obvious) and I promise I won't be sarcastic.
    By the way you haven't explained where all this money comes from re: "new money" and "major input of money into the first team"

As for Lukcour: 😘 I love you too!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    With respect to last night's game, we would have been much better set up in a 5-3-2 formation at the start of the game to match the way that Carlisle were set up (in my opinion).

Just feel that we were a bit naive with formation/tactics, which put the team under unnecessary pressure

Carlisle's manager has far more experience, including managing England U20s, and in my opinion it showed last night.
    I agree.

I got distracted and should have just posted something similar.
    We also have half the current full-time squad missing in one way or another.
    In realistic terms, LB needs to prevent defeats, regardless of the criticism he WILL receive for playing a negative style. He actually won 3 games adopting defensive strategies. However, he must also earmark potentially winnable games and adopt more positive game plans for these.
    In the meantime, we have to hope that we take on one or two players in the window that can turn things a little more positive.
    There's no magic formula, just small increments that may change things going forward.

We could do with signing another "Kenny Swain" sort of player, even if it extends our budget a wee bit.

We appear to be lacking a leader 'on-the-pitch', somewhat to organise things while the match is 'live'. A player that others respect, listen to, learn from ...

Anyone got any (sensible) suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I repeat. Read my post. I agreed that change was necessary. So how do you come to the conclusion that I am opposed to change. THIS is my problem with such postings. No concept of detail. The process seems to be: knee-jerk+knee jerk + close off any thought process+ apply scattergun approach regardless of reality. Keep doing it as Lukcour loves it. Anyway give me a REALISTIC suggestion (not stating the obvious) and I promise I won't be sarcastic.
    By the way you haven't explained where all this money comes from re: "new money" and "major input of money into the first team"

As for Lukcour: 😘 I love you too!
    I have already given you a realistic suggestion I dont accept that my suggestions are not realistic football is a results based business where money is a major ingredient to success, we have a board that won’t entertain bringing anybody in with money as this will upset their cushy boardroom positions, we have amateur boardroom members who cannot see what is happening in front of them. What I am saying to you Gazan is far from knee jerk as I have been saying it for a long while, can you Gazan point to anything to disprove what I have been saying is the club in any better position now then when I challenged the status quo 18 months ago all the club is doing is reinforcing what I have been saying and I am terribly sorry that some people do not like the truth or the fact that they might be wrong.

Can you tell me who the person with all this money that is being kept out for the benefit of the directors' "..cushy boardroom positions" actually.is?

nd at the end of the 1st round Wartman has a bruise above his right eye. but he is still clear eyed and fighting fit. In the first 2 minutes it was obvious that Gazan was wary of his opponents savage uppercuts. The huge crowd are thoroughly enjoying this bout with the excellent sparring and the brutal savagery. We think the fans are in for a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    We could do with signing another "Kenny Swain" sort of player, even if it extends our budget a wee bit.

We appear to be lacking a leader 'on-the-pitch', somewhat to organise things while the match is 'live'. A player that others respect, listen to, learn from ...

Anyone got any (sensible) suggestions?
    My neighbours and I were saying in the stand if only we could find a Paul Green type, not in his club's plans at present but desperate to play - and coach on the pitch as Greeny did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12