+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: December stats

December stats

In December we have managed

3 shots on target
    Scored 1 goal
    Conceded 7 goals
    Gained 0 points

Would anybody suggest this is a team progressing, just what are the management team working on in training ? And with no money in January this paints a bleak picture.

Had a look at the stats after 20 minutes on my phone (Sky Sports). We had managed one shot, Carlisle five (with 2 on target) - but we had completed twice the number of passes!

Something needs to change !!

[QUOTE=Wartman;40181365]In December we have managed

3 shots on target
    Scored 1 goal
    Conceded 7 goals
    Gained 0 points

Would anybody suggest this is a team progressing, ...?

Er....no!

And yes, something needs to change. You don't need to be a genius to understand that! I think we would all agree.
    Apart from sacking everyone, what do you suggest...realistically?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    And yes, something needs to change. You don't need to be a genius to understand that! I think we would all agree.
    Apart from sacking everyone, what do you suggest...realistically?

I think it is plainly obvious what needs to happen but the club is unable to deliver it because it has financially hamstrung itself, what needs to happen is

1) The recruitment of an experienced football manager
    2) Major input of money into the first team

And the above is realistically what needs to happen and it needs to happen know you won’t like this Gazan but CHANGE is needed and people don’t like CHANGE Gazan you are very good at saying what can’t be done and very good at sarcastically replying to other peoples suggestions but you are very light on suggestions yourself I’m afraid sackings is exactly what needs to happen you can’t make an omelette without breaking an egg bumbling along as this club and board is doing is going to end in disaster. What on earth do you think is happening at the moment the first team set up is a shambles and the board and manager has already said there is no money how the hell are they going to change anything with this business plan ?

WOW well put Wartman. I don`t always agree with you, but on point1 absolutely 100%. Point 2 Very little chance of that happening.

What Gazan being sarcastic. OH never. I mean his posts are always prepare so carefully to show what a thoroughly decent chappie he is.

We did bring Alex Neil, while DA was manager. Perhaps we could bring in someone in a similar capacity ??

With respect to last night's game, we would have been much better set up in a 5-3-2 formation at the start of the game to match the way that Carlisle were set up (in my opinion).

Just feel that we were a bit naive with formation/tactics, which put the team under unnecessary pressure

Carlisle's manager has far more experience, including managing England U20s, and in my opinion it showed last night.

I would like to put myself forward as the manager re my previous post but at a negotiated BUT reduced fee to any other applicants that might apply.

1)I have previous experience having in the past run a lads and dads team for a number of years
    2)I am able to piss the supporters off with my team selections and lack of formation, I did this rather successfully with the parents.
    3)I could if required destroy the teams confidence with my lack of knowledge, although I couldn't weaken it any more than it is now, they've already done that from seasons start.
    4)I certainly wouldn't change a losing team formation, unless we were in the last minutes. that could result in a cost saving, and what would be the point
    5)I am more than capable of shouting from the touchline and waving my hands about. A necessity I believe.
    6)I believe in the youth policy, however I would start them younger and put the U10's on the bench to give them experience.
    7)I could save the club money by doing away with any player over 18 that is unlikely to bring in the club over £100 in transfer fees and replace them with U18's from Non league clubs.
    8)I'm getting bored of this nonsense, and the ''football'', I think Ill just pack it all in and retire.

Am I due a pay-off??

Freddie, a very good post and gave me a laugh. Thank you.

Happy new year to you and everyone else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast