+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Championship transfers etc

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    It’s more likely that if we sign him now he would cost money. I’n the summer he would cost nowt.
    But we need a striker in now, not in the summer, its like going to catch a bus at 10am, & going for it 10.15am

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    But we need a striker in now, not in the summer, its like going to catch a bus at 10am, & going for it 10.15am
    I know that ELK but we are Rotherham United. If we sign a striker it will be more than likely be a free one just like we did last summer. We always miss the bus.

When it was posted we were interested in the Exeter City striker, but would wait until the summer.
    Can not understand why wait, we need a striker now, is MT thinking the player would be no good
    in the championship, but ok in league one.
    It’s more likely that if we sign him now he would cost money. I’n the summer he would cost nowt.
    Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Maybe Exeter won't sell him now so mt hand was delt. They have 3 players I would be looking at. Imo there's also that lad from chesterfield. Not the big lad upfront who has been mentioned a few time. The lad who plays 2nd striker. Dablo think he's called. Only 21 and knows where the net is.
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Or maybe there was an agreement that he can’t come in for any Exeter players till the summer…
    I know that ELK but we are Rotherham United. If we sign a striker it will be more than likely be a free one just like we did last summer. We always miss the bus.
    League One Team Exeter City Sell Striker

Exeter City - 26 year old striker Matt Jay signs for league two side Colchester United, undisclosed fee.
    The player was the captain & been with club 18 years.

Looks like we missed out again on a player.

League One Team Exeter City Sell Striker

Exeter City - 26 year old striker Matt Jay signs for league two side Colchester United, undisclosed fee.
    The player was the captain & been with club 18 years.

Looks like we missed out again on a player.
    Just checked, Exeter striker we are or were looking at is Jevani Brown

This thread is Championship Transfers ELK so not sure why the Jay sale is on here?

Technically we miss out on every transfer that is made by every club but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing.

We are a championship club, interested in a Exeter City player, just showing they are willing to sell players.
    Yet again CAM, why are we mentioning the Millers on a championship postings, when how we are playing
    we are a league 1 side at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, I mentioned this player a couple of weeks ago and Animallittle from Barnsley said to give him a wide berth.
    The lad will give you his all Brin and work his nuts off but at the end of the day he falls short of championship standard in front of goal in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The lad will give you his all Brin and work his nuts off but at the end of the day he falls short of championship standard in front of goal in my opinion .
    If he's good enough for Wigan to chase then he falls into our spending bracket. Thing is I think Taylor still wants Brown from Exeter.

If he's good enough for Wigan to chase then he falls into our spending bracket. Thing is I think Taylor still wants Brown from Exeter.
    To be fair I was impressed with him when we played Exeter , looks a decent player .

Odds on the Burton player has a buy out clause in his contract.
    Wigan will match that buy out fee and it's debatable we will.
    Last edited by Godsend.F.C.; 09-01-2023 at 06:23 PM.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast