+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I'm only 5' 7" and always tucked in around 10 stone for most my life.
    My running only really started when my hamstring was a reoccurring problem for me in the mid 2000's.
    My first marathon was in 2007 around 43 years old.
    I was never a fast runner in running but was regarded as fast when playing football. Very fast over fifty meters and would cover about 12 kilometers during 90 minutes of football.
    My best 10K was probably around 46 mins....half marathon about 100 minutes...best full marathon was 3:45 when I was about 52 years old.
    Now if I run fast my ACL will scream out. So I keep to a certain pace which is never flat. Always with hills as this keeps me working different muscles sets.
    I know you were a fast runner in your day.
    I’ve never been fast over short distances and my sprinting times were rubbish at school Dubs.

Best times,

10k 36.05 when I was 28.

Half marathon 1 hour 26.45 when I was 28.

Never ran a marathon.

Ran a mile in 6.41 at 57 but could’ve done it in under 6.30 if I’d really pushed it.

Ran 4.7 miles in just over 37 minutes in summer 2021 just short of my 60th birthday.

Then, a silly b I t c h with no control of her Alsatian dog let it lurch at me even though I gave her a good 10 feet of space and I had to move and twist quickly and f u c k e d my already dodgy knee that I had managed really well for 5 years since a bad injury.

Since that incident with the dog I just can’t get the knee back to how it was before.

I guess I’m running 8 minute miles at the moment but considering that 99.9% of the U.K. population can’t run a mile in under 9 minutes and you only need 9 minute mile pace to pass the test for the U.K. Army I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Then, a silly b I t c h with no control of her Alsatian dog let it lurch at me even though I gave her a good 10 feet of space and I had to move and twist quickly and f u c k e d my already dodgy knee that I had managed really well for 5 years since a bad injury.
    Since that incident with the dog I just can’t get the knee back to how it was before.
    I'm what you would call a dog lover. Always had one until recently in our family. But out running...I have no time for dog owners whatsoever.
    Have had large and small dogs come bounding at me while out running, only to have a useless cnut of an owner say "A he wont bite you." As if I am suppose to know. Or the other clown of an owner who thinks shouting loudly at a dog in English will make him stop an attack, when clearly the dog has little respect for the owner's voice. Got laughed at one day on a run by an owner for complaining about his dog not on a leash after attempting to bite me.
    Just by chance the Gardai were on a walking foot patrol about half a click from the incident. I stopped and reported the incident and they immediately stopped the owner, who happened to be coming towards where we were.
    They stopped him and explained he was violating the public park laws (there are dear and fawns throughout the park and dogs must be on leads.

He was all apologetic blah blah blah...I did manage to call him a total cnut diplomatically in front of the two Gards but decided not to press the issue, but happy to have made my point. In fairness I have seen the person many times since and he always has the dog on a lead. We have even said a friendly hello on occasions since then.
    Point was made and taken and all ended well in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I'm what you would call a dog lover. Always had one until recently in our family. But out running...I have no time for dog owners whatsoever.
    Have had large and small dogs come bounding at me while out running, only to have a useless cnut of an owner say "A he wont bite you." As if I am suppose to know. Or the other clown of an owner who thinks shouting loudly at a dog in English will make him stop an attack, when clearly the dog has little respect for the owner's voice. Got laughed at one day on a run by an owner for complaining about his dog not on a leash after attempting to bite me.
    Just by chance the Gardai were on a walking foot patrol about half a click from the incident. I stopped and reported the incident and they immediately stopped the owner, who happened to be coming towards where we were.
    They stopped him and explained he was violating the public park laws (there are dear and fawns throughout the park and dogs must be on leads.

He was all apologetic blah blah blah...I did manage to call him a total cnut diplomatically in front of the two Gards but decided not to press the issue, but happy to have made my point. In fairness I have seen the person many times since and he always has the dog on a lead. We have even said a friendly hello on occasions since then.
    Point was made and taken and all ended well in this situation.
    My brother once had to dive in the canal, when a Staffie charged at him.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    My brother once had to dive in the canal, when a Staffie charged at him.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I know I shouldn’t laugh but.....🤣🤣🤣🤣😩

������������������������������

I know I shouldn’t laugh but.....����������
    Hi Mick, he also had his shoulder broke by a cyclist on the pavement, who then just rode off.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Hi Mick, he also had his shoulder broke by a cyclist on the pavement, who then just rode off.
    Cyclists are all total w a n k e r s!

Cyclists are all total w a n k e r s!
    I drive, cycle and run throughout an ordinary week as well as been a pedestrian.
    I have absolutely no time for myself no matter which mode I use.
    Nearly hit myself the other day while out walking by myself while cycling.
    Told myself I was a fecking ass hole for walking in a cycle lane.
    Of course I told myself to go **** myself and carried on walking.
    As I was driving by the altercation I shouted out ye are both a pair of tog pullers....
    We all agreed with each other in the end and had a good laugh....😇
    Honest guv...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)