+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: Rams v Accas

Matchday thread: Rams v Accas

Sorry this is late.

Me? Late Festive fun, 3-0 Derby

Anyone?

Festive fun, 0-0!

2 up already haha! I'll guess 5-0 by full time

well we were all half right

Good result and 4th , reckon a lot of us would have snapped that up pre season

Looked like what it was...a team targeting the play offs against another who wouldn’t look out of place in League Two. FGR Mk 2.
    Still we’ve come unstuck in situations like that many times before and you can only beat what’s in front of you.

One note of caution. No side who are that dominant should be shown three yellow cards and one red. We’re picking up too many and it smacks of ill discipline which could go on to cost us.
    Having said that the red was ridiculous...Accrington player should be ashamed and both Osula and the referee showed a complete lack of common sense imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Looked like what it was...a team targeting the play offs against another who wouldn’t look out of place in League Two. FGR Mk 2.
    Still we’ve come unstuck in situations like that many times before and you can only beat what’s in front of you.

One note of caution. No side who are that dominant should be shown three yellow cards and one red. We’re picking up too many and it smacks of ill discipline which could go on to cost us.
    Having said that the red was ridiculous...Accrington player should be ashamed and both Osula and the referee showed a complete lack of common sense imo.
    Down to the ref rA. he made his bed and, in all fairness he did lie in it. He set the tone with the early doors booking of Smith. Having dome so he committed to being consistent, which is laudable, and he flourished 3 for each side. Osula? The second he kicked out, I said he'll walk for that. According to the Laws of the game the ref got that one spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Down to the ref rA. he made his bed and, in all fairness he did lie in it. He set the tone with the early doors booking of Smith. Having dome so he committed to being consistent, which is laudable, and he flourished 3 for each side. Osula? The second he kicked out, I said he'll walk for that. According to the Laws of the game the ref got that one spot on.
    Yep...I know you’re technically correct and I can’t really argue...but I will anyway.

Players over reacting and deliberately trying to get others booked/sent off is a pet hate of mine. As I’ve said before...I spent all my playing years at both rugby and football pretending I hadn’t been hurt rather than making out I had.
    That’s how it seemed to me yesterday and seeing it again only reinforces that.
    It was a nothing incident. Petulant behaviour...stupid behaviour...yes. ‘Violent Conduct’? Really?
    I’d have booked both of them...Osula for stupidity and their guy for play acting...but I accept I’d have been technically wrong and that’s probably why I’ve never refereed at anything above 16 year old level...or wanted to.

Ref, apparently, either didn't see it or thought nothing of it. 4th official saw it and reported it to him...

It takes a certain sort of person to want to act as arbiter in most sports, and, although I've never minded umpiring at cricket, reffing in football has never appealed to me. Still have to run around but can't get to kick the ball !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)