+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wimbledon

Once again another small improvement. Hopefully we can shortly get there. TBH we really did not look like scoring. but we were defensively strong.

Positives - It is clear defensively we are a far stronger unit without Offord.

Negatives - A number of our players when they are not in possession of the ball still lack movement required to make themselves available to maintain the attacking forages.

Much better commitment once again.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Once again another small improvement. Hopefully we can shortly get there. TBH we really did not look like scoring. but we were defensively strong.

Positives - It is clear defensively we are a far stronger unit without Offord.

Negatives - A number of our players when they are not in possession of the ball still lack movement required to make themselves available to maintain the attacking forages.

Much better commitment once again.
    Defensively good the rest absolutely devoid of ability/skill such a poor bunch lacking in creativity it’s a good job the defensive unit know their job they are keeping us in games. Major recruitment in the January transfer window in the attacking and midfield positions a must.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Brave team selection playing O'Riordan at CB.
    Not sure what was brave about playing O'Riordan. Surely that is why he was recalled from Raith. Man of the match for me

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Not sure what was brave about playing O'Riordan. Surely that is why he was recalled from Raith. Man of the match for me
    Fair comment.
    My thinking was that it was brave to change a back 4 that had done so well in the previous game. LB also made the call to play O'Riordan ahead of BSD.
    Really pleased he had a good game, and looks like playing 'mens football' has done him good.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Crowd - 4k
    Wartman to predict 0-3 loss :-)
    Possibly an extra 500 on the gate with a 40% reduction in price. But of course, we don't how many of the extra were kids at a pound. Nor must we forget that possibly arond 2,500 were season tickets. 200 Wimbledon fans may have come without the reductions ( so that's a definite loss). However, I assume a proportion of the 500 bought things at/in the ground so that is extra revenue.
    Is there a mathematician in the house as my brain won't compute. Was it worth dropping the price by a tenner from the point of view of the club?

Surely better to get kids to come along, particularly if it is their first time - regardless as to how much they pay to attend.
    Think it more of an investment (?)
    Lee Bell pleased with the support yesterday.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12