+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next 7/8 games will define our season

Next 7/8 games will define our season

We all knew City and Newcastle were going to be tough, granted I did not expect us to look as hopeless going forward as we did but its in the past, we got a point (nothing to do with tactics or performance, pure luck) so I'll take that. Now we have a run where we must pick up points and performance must be better, not only because of the teams we are playing but those around us also have favourable runs against teams in the lower half.

Southampton-12 pts (17 games)- Everton (A), Villa (H), Brentford (A), Wolves (H), Chelsea (A), Leeds (A), Leicester (H) 16pts

Wolves-13pts (17 games) - West H (H), City(A), Liverpool(H), Saints(A), Bournemouth(H), Fulham(A), Spurs (H) 20pts

Forest-14pts (17 games)- Leicester (H) , Bournemouth (A), Leeds (H), Fulham (A), Man C (H), West Ham (A), Everton (H) 21pts

West Ham-14pts (17 games) - Wolves (A), Newcastle (H), Everton (A), Chelsea (H), Spurs (A), Forest (H), Brighton (A) 21pts

Everton-15pts (18 games)- Saints (H), West Ham (A), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A), Leeds (H), Villa (H), Forest (A) 21pts

Bournemouth-15pts (18 games)- Brentford (A), Forest (H), Brighton (A), Newcastle (H), Wolves (A), Man C (H), Arsenal (A) 17pts

Leeds-16pts (16 games)- Villa (A), Brentford (H), Forest (A), Scum (H), Everton (A), Saints (H), Chelsea (A) 25pts

I think we will pick up maybe 3 wins from our next 8 and sneak a draw in another, I'm including today's game against West Ham in that to move us onto 25 points. I think Bournemouth will go down, pretty convinced they will peter out and struggle the rest of the year but you never know they could turn it on and find some random form.

Southampton are a Ward-Prowse injury away from going down for sure but still not convinced they'll stay up especially now they've hired a lower league manager who has never managed top level players and never sniffed the PL.

Really don't see Wolves or West Ham being down there come the end, they won't necessarily do brilliantly but they'll just pick up wins where needed and be fairly safe before it gets to the final few games.

Interested to see what other people think, this season is a weird one with everyone beating everyone else so even games like City aren't banker loses for the other sides anymore.

Fair analysis Joel. Want to see what work Jesse has done to adapt to those teams that press and play on low possession or hit on the counter as that was our kryptonite.

If we get most of the squad back - Sinisterra was starting to look like a very good player - and fit for those games coupled with Wober being able to properly play at left back then we should pick up points.

However, over the last few seasons we always seem to wobble a bit in Jan/Feb so Jesse needs avoid that.

I think we can get results in most of these games bar Villa and Man U but doesn’t we will.

2 to 3 wins and 3 to 2 draws so so where between 9 and 11 points for me based largely on the fact those teams are also playing badly and seem shot of confidence rather then Jesse having an epiphany and suddenly transforming his tactics and style of play.

Have 2 sections of the schedule circled going back to when it was released.

we bombed the first section badly. The second section of games starts today. Very nervous. I think we have to take a few more points than you are predicting. Not feeling good about it. I think Ted's going to stick Cooper and Llorente for big chunks of game time. They simply aren't good enough. Koch and Rasmussen have moments of brain fade. Strujik will be sitting the bench once wober gets going. We don't score often so when we give up goals we lose. Meslier has been brilliant but can you expect that for the rest of the season? It's a lot to ask.

I think we have a strong mid table team roster wise. Meslier, Adams, Gnoto, Strujik, Summerville, Sinistera, Harrison could play for top 4 teams.

we have the worst coach in the prem. A really good coach would have us up there with Brentford, Fulham and Brighton. I think if we fade during this critical stretch of games and end up in the relegation battle after them we'll be relegated. Lose 4 of 6 and we are toast. Draws will also be a problem. we need 3 pointers. we aren't getting points from top 6 teams the second time around.

I do have to say that I do enjoy our attacking style. we just don't have a pure striker so it's very frustating. So close yet not there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Have 2 sections of the schedule circled going back to when it was released.

we bombed the first section badly. The second section of games starts today. Very nervous. I think we have to take a few more points than you are predicting. Not feeling good about it. I think Ted's going to stick Cooper and Llorente for big chunks of game time. They simply aren't good enough. Koch and Rasmussen have moments of brain fade. Strujik will be sitting the bench once wober gets going. We don't score often so when we give up goals we lose. Meslier has been brilliant but can you expect that for the rest of the season? It's a lot to ask.

I think we have a strong mid table team roster wise. Meslier, Adams, Gnoto, Strujik, Summerville, Sinistera, Harrison could play for top 4 teams.

we have the worst coach in the prem. A really good coach would have us up there with Brentford, Fulham and Brighton. I think if we fade during this critical stretch of games and end up in the relegation battle after them we'll be relegated. Lose 4 of 6 and we are toast. Draws will also be a problem. we need 3 pointers. we aren't getting points from top 6 teams the second time around.

I do have to say that I do enjoy our attacking style. we just don't have a pure striker so it's very frustating. So close yet not there yet.
    We have be exciting going forward but one of the issues with the tactics are that they rely on creating chaos which is unpredictable and this some days it either doesn’t happen or we only get a couple of half chances. That goes to your point that we need someone who can finish them in clutch moments.

Needed to beat Spam and both Villa and Brentford are in good form - be lucky to get much out of either of those.

2 points dropped.

Think it's essential that we win our game in hand and give us some breathing space from the relegation group.

8 games is potentially 24 pts. That would currently put us beyond the magic 40 and safety. If we win 8 games from now until end of season I would settle for that.

Theoretically in the next 8 games there are 6 winnable ones imo, but I think we either need Bamford back or a more physical 9 up top. I also think Gnonto could be an option too.

I know we currently won't win 6 matches, but on paper we are not out matched and everything to play for still.

Game at hand is scum. Not sure we've beat them since the FA cup over a decade ago. that's a loss.

today was our declaration that we are full blast in the relegation fight. draw against a team that's lost 6 straight at home.

Not sure where we pick up points. Maybe soton.

can't blame this one on JM. actually a pretty good tactical set up.

when you mise a dozen chances including some easy sitters it's hard to win at this level. However, it takes real skill to miss 2 sitters in 3 seconds like our "captain" did. It's just like our MB days. attacking football without the ability to hit the net.

Gnoto looked good. Adams is the team leader and doesn't back down from anyone.

After those 7/8 games I predict that we will still be in a relegation dog fight.

Seems like it will be southampton, wolves and us for the drop, sometimes I feel "let's just get it over with"

Sure it will be a long and winding road with many twists to come.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)