+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loanees

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Correct rA, Warne has yet to bring a player in. Roberts is reportedly happy at Derby and wants to stay, so it does appear its going to be down to what Brighton want to do.
    Yes, he’s happy here...indeed, as I understand it, the club seems to be a happy place at the moment...but both Roberts and Brighton recognise that he needs playing time.
    I’m not, and have never, suggested that Brighton should be able hold our club to ransom, but the fact is...if Brighton and Roberts are going to benefit from this arrangement...he needs to be gaining experience via time spent on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Yes, he’s happy here...indeed, as I understand it, the club seems to be a happy place at the moment...but both Roberts and Brighton recognise that he needs playing time.
    I’m not, and have never, suggested that Brighton should be able hold our club to ransom, but the fact is...if Brighton and Roberts are going to benefit from this arrangement...he needs to be gaining experience via time spent on the pitch.
    Yes to an extent, though my comment about him being happy was addressing your speculation that being a distance away from home might be an issue for him, which given he apparently said he is happy at Derby would not seem to be the case.

Experience on loan is gained in many ways, training with first team, being a regular substitute and being ready to take ones chance when injury, suspension or loss of form provides one are all good experience which differs from playing under 23 football. Yes your right Brighton would like to see him get more game time, but recalling him and sending out on loan would not necessarily guarantee that, but we shall see what happens.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)