+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loanees

Loanees

Osula recalled because he wasn't getting enough playing time. I understand Sheff Us thoughts.'I also understand why he wasn't getting more time/starts with us.

Decision soon on Roberts. DCFC want him to stay. He wants to stay. Parent club and he both think he should get more time on the pitch. My take is PW should simply pick the side he thinks is best on the day. Currently Sibs is doing nowt wrong to get dropped so Roberts will have to wait his turn which, unfortunately, probably means he'll go back to his parent club and be loaned out elsewhere.

It's the lot of the loanee and also the lot of the club that loans a player. IMO, PW is right picking the best he thinks we've got. He should never give in to pressure from a player's parent club and I don't think he will.

Simply down to numbers we need to replace Osula. Will that be another loanee or getting Stretton or Cybulski back from their loans?

Roberts? We have Sibs although he's very close to a 1 game suspension, I believe. Fozzy is also a LB but he's doing sterling work at CH. We could go a back 3 of Davies, Foz and Cash but we have shown of late that we do better with a back 4.

It will be interesting to see what PW does.

Id like to see Stretton or Cyvulski back.

Loans should only be played if they merit a place, not on the basis that the parent club demands it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Osula recalled because he wasn't getting enough playing time. I understand Sheff Us thoughts.'I also understand why he wasn't getting more time/starts with us.

Decision soon on Roberts. DCFC want him to stay. He wants to stay. Parent club and he both think he should get more time on the pitch. My take is PW should simply pick the side he thinks is best on the day. Currently Sibs is doing nowt wrong to get dropped so Roberts will have to wait his turn which, unfortunately, probably means he'll go back to his parent club and be loaned out elsewhere.

It's the lot of the loanee and also the lot of the club that loans a player. IMO, PW is right picking the best he thinks we've got. He should never give in to pressure from a player's parent club and I don't think he will.

Simply down to numbers we need to replace Osula. Will that be another loanee or getting Stretton or Cybulski back from their loans?

Roberts? We have Sibs although he's very close to a 1 game suspension, I believe. Fozzy is also a LB but he's doing sterling work at CH. We could go a back 3 of Davies, Foz and Cash but we have shown of late that we do better with a back 4.

It will be interesting to see what PW does.
    Agree with all you say although I feel sorry for Roberts who also did nowt wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Agree with all you say although I feel sorry for Roberts who also did nowt wrong
    He even did something Sibs hasn't thus far... scored with his head.

The other problems with loanees being recalled for low playing time is that it will make clubs reluctant to loan us replacement players in January for those we lose. If we arent playing those we had, why would we be likely to play a new loanee who may not be as high in the pecking order as those that were recalled?

Warne did touch on this, saying the change to removing the short term loans has not been to the benefit of clubs or players. previously a club could loan a player for 1 or 3 months and recall, now its transfer window to transfer window. A loan can't be recalled (other than a long term injury) outside the window. So a club will be reluctant to let a player go to build fitness or get some game time, now they know that they have lost that player until January. or the end of the season.

As regards Osula, I would say that Warne isn't too fussed to lose him, he hasn't made the impact expected and isn't available for the next 3 games so it probably suits both clubs.

Roberts I think will stay. A manager is not going to play a loan player simply because he fears losing him and anyway it would depend upon the agreed playing time for the period of a loan, if he was seen as a first team or squad player.

I don't think it will affect our ability to get other loan players in, managers know the score with loans and there are varying reasons for sending a player out on loan, some clubs need to get the wages off the books, some players need game time to develop, some are coming back from injury. Then there are those players who Derby might want to sign permanently but can't buy now, but could take on loan until the end of the season.

Also don't forget, Warne didn't arrange any of these loans, he will have relationships with various managers, no doubt will have been talking to them about what players they have available etc.

Derby is a good destination for a loan player, a good academy, excellent training facilities and staff so can't see an issue really.
    Last edited by swaledale; 05-01-2023 at 03:29 PM.

If memory serves we don’t yet have anyone at the club yet who Warne has brought in. All the additions since last season were brought to us by Rosenior and have, imo, been largely successful even though they’ve all had to adapt to a different system.

Of those mentioned above I really hope we don’t lose Roberts. As a young Brighton lad he’s a long way from home and that may be a problem, but I feel he may have a major role to play for us this season and genuinely rate him.
    On the other hand...I know Osula was one of the more limited successes and I suspect he won’t be missed enormously...but sorry, I don’t see Cybulski as an adequate replacement or someone with a major part to play in any potential promotion campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Of those mentioned above I really hope we don’t lose Roberts. As a young Brighton lad he’s a long way from home and that may be a problem, but I feel he may have a major role to play for us this season and genuinely rate him.
    Likewise. When he first appeared he had the demeanour of a Sunday league player got lucky (and still does) but he immediately, and has continued to, ‘get stuck in’. I’ve actually rated all our ‘full’ backs this year and feel the need to a ‘sniffer’ type forward is way more urgent.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Likewise. When he first appeared he had the demeanour of a Sunday league player got lucky (and still does) but he immediately, and has continued to, ‘get stuck in’. I’ve actually rated all our ‘full’ backs this year and feel the need to a ‘sniffer’ type forward is way more urgent.
    Until Osula's departure, Warne has been reported as saying he is looking for a right back and 2 wide forwards, presumably if he can he will get a replacement for Osula.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    If memory serves we don’t yet have anyone at the club yet who Warne has brought in. All the additions since last season were brought to us by Rosenior and have, imo, been largely successful even though they’ve all had to adapt to a different system.

On the other hand...I know Osula was one of the more limited successes and I suspect he won’t be missed enormously...but sorry, I don’t see Cybulski as an adequate replacement or someone with a major part to play in any potential promotion campaign.
    Correct rA, Warne has yet to bring a player in. Roberts is reportedly happy at Derby and wants to stay, so it does appear its going to be down to what Brighton want to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)