+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Well Done MT

20% win rate is pretty bad though.

Excluding the caretakers it's the 5th worst ever, and Jackett was only there for 5 games.

Jackett 0.00%
    Black 0.00% (caretaker)
    Breckin 0.00% (caretaker)
    Warne 0.00% (caretaker)
    Wood/ Peltier 0.00% (caretaker)
    Stubbs 7.14%
    Bergara 14%
    Harford 19.23%
    Taylor 20%

I'm not sure he will be given the time.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Do you think the club help out every player they release? Football is an horrible industry.

One you and many others just don’t understand.

It’s business.

Footballers read the shyte people like you and other nutcases put on social media and you expect loyalty. From a young age they have to take all sorts of abuse from their own so called fans. Even when it’s not directed at them it might be a teammate or their families.

Maybe when people like you stop the negativity you might see a bit more loyalty but I’ll not hold my breath.

Good luck to them.

Enjoy them before they become regarded as disloyal lowlife, as seems the norm these days.

According to them, that don’t understand modern football.

Barlaser & Chieo they seem genuine to me. Don't think they'd want to leave us were we are now.

Great fire. If your putting a balanced view on Taylor's 20% win rate. You have to put Paul warnes 1st season he took over as a comparison.

I like MT. It's the players, they all stepped up to represent Rotherham united in the championship but some are lacking effort

Hear is a better breakdown.

2016/2017 season. Warne was in charge for 127 days.
    He has won 4 drawn 4 lost 21. 0.41 PTS per game

2022/2023 season Taylor has been in charge 96 days he has won 3 drawn 4 lost 9 0.81 PTS per game

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Hear is a better breakdown.

2016/2017 season. Warne was in charge for 127 days.
    He has won 4 drawn 4 lost 21. 0.41 PTS per game

2022/2023 season Taylor has been in charge 96 days he has won 3 drawn 4 lost 9 0.81 PTS per game
    You can't compare like-for-like. Taylor inherited a much better squad that Warne. I appreciate that's a subjective view, but if you think they are similar then tell me why.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    You can't compare like-for-like. Taylor inherited a much better squad that Warne. I appreciate that's a subjective view, but if you think they are similar then tell me why.
    Exactly, Warne inherited a team in turmoil that were rock bottom and pretty much already down. Taylor inherited a team playing well in 8th position.

By the way, I think any talk of sacking Taylor yet is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Exactly, Warne inherited a team in turmoil that were rock bottom and pretty much already down. Taylor inherited a team playing well in 8th position.

By the way, I think any talk of sacking Taylor yet is ridiculous.

Anybody could see before Warney left it was only a matter of time before we dropped down the table. Defence it's never been right all season. No big striker good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Anybody could see before Warney left it was only a matter of time before we dropped down the table. Defence it's never been right all season. No big striker good enough.
    Yes, and the older players burn out as the season progresses

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    20% win rate is pretty bad though.

Excluding the caretakers it's the 5th worst ever, and Jackett was only there for 5 games.

Jackett 0.00%
    Black 0.00% (caretaker)
    Breckin 0.00% (caretaker)
    Warne 0.00% (caretaker)
    Wood/ Peltier 0.00% (caretaker)
    Stubbs 7.14%
    Bergara 14%
    Harford 19.23%
    Taylor 20%

I'm not sure he will be given the time.
    It’s all about circumstances and perspective.

What were the win ratios in the Championship seasons alone, for Warne, Evans & Moore.

I would guess they’re very similar???

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast