+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvin Bartley..

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I hope he brings young Muir into the defence, - but most of all I hope he exudes confidence throughout the squad.

If Bartley has learned his craft from David Martindale, he will be a good one.

Ftivano illustrates the crux of our problem "it will take some turnaround to sort that defence out - we have actually scored more goals than league leaders Dunfermline but lost TWENTY - FIVE more goals than them" - but therein lies the issue that has cost us so many points this season.

As many of us are fully aware, - we are not that far away from being a good side, - and if we can sort out our defensive frailties, - but maintain our attacking qualities, - we will suddenly, - as if by magic, be in a play-off position.

That being said, let's allow the fellow to bed in, - and bring in the necessary recruits to stop these infuriating leaks in defence.
    Muir and Irving were both in livingstons B squad in 2019 when Bartley coached them, so he will know them both.

[QUOTE=Spikefaethesouth;40188156]Welcome onboard Marvin and hopefully your experience as a defensive coach can be us
    ed to sort out our soft centred backline m[/QUOTe

Livi manager David Martindale backing Marvin Bartley to be a success at Queens but is surprised that he hasn't entered management at a higher level but saying '' if he is given the time and resources he will get them back into the Championship at the earliest opportunity ''

Half time and I already feel sorry for Marvin. Big team changes for players that should supposedly be trying to impress the manager. What have we got?? Same old, same old! Kelty should be at least two up here. However, we are somehow still in it. Let's see what happens now. Will be interesting to see who lines up on Saturday. Hopefully players that DO want to impress the poor new boss.

I wish big Marvin the best of luck he himself is the sort of player in his day that Queens need in the centre of midfield but I just hope our board back him with the quality he will no doubt ask for if not when is it the fans will get intouch and start to look at higher up than the managers position to have change cause Queens have went through a few managers over the last 5 seasons or so with limitless success this trend hopefully can't go on so hewitson and Co time to step up and back this manager to the hilt please

Liking what I hear from Marvin already. "Anyone who doesn't fit in with what we want to do, we will shake hands and go our seperate ways" Poor guy will end up with a sprained wrist.

He speaks really well and with all his qualifications we’ll see a big difference in the squads attitude and commitment. I fear a few could be on their way though as simply not good enough.

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5985

The Marven era has started already with the signing of 19 year old Jack Brydon from Hibs for an undisclosed fee for a 2 and a half year contract. Great start as we have been crying out for a centre half for some time. Strap yourself in for an exciting ride eh?

This is indeed exciting Spike, - and I do no fear players making way for more talented or committed ones.

Jack brydon was a decent looking prospect at hibs ,likes to win balls in air and got a good passing range ,decent first edition .

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    http://www.qosfc.com/news-5985

The Marven era has started already with the signing of 19 year old Jack Brydon from Hibs for an undisclosed fee for a 2 and a half year contract. Great start as we have been crying out for a centre half for some time. Strap yourself in for an exciting ride eh?
    The exciting thing here is, that we are offering 2 and a half year contracts. Who was the last player on that kind of deal?? We could be quids in if we can sign players on these deals and they turn out to be quality. 'MON THE SOUTH!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)