+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Howe

Howe

Not his fault tonight, imo.

With 3 games in 8 days, i don't think he was left with any choice, especially with a home quarter final on Tuesday.

This was a League 1 team so, out of all the decisions he has to make for the next three games, this was the one where he probably had to make the biggest changes.

Tonught he was let down by the quality if the squad. I was tempted to say he was let down by the players but, actually, they're just shite.

Just been having a convesration with a couple of mates who were criticising the team selection and number of changes but, like I say, i don't think he had much choice. Plus, he wouldn't have expected Wood, isak, Ritchie and Anderson to miss so many good chnces.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

With 3 games in 8 days, i don't think he was left with any choice, especially with a home quarter final on Tuesday.

This was a League 1 team so, out of all the decisions he has to make for the next three games, this was the one where he probably had to make the biggest changes.

Tonught he was let down by the quality if the squad. I was tempted to say he was let down by the players but, actually, they're just shite.

Just been having a convesration with a couple of mates who were criticising the team selection and number of changes but, like I say, i don't think he had much choice. Plus, he wouldn't have expected Wood, isak, Ritchie and Anderson to miss so many good chnces.
    If Howe had made a howling mistake tonight I still think you’d have to have some nerve to criticize him after his miraculous work over the last year.

You’re right he had no choice on the selection. If people want us to risk the cup quarter final and the league so we can wallop Shef Wed 6-0 in the 3rd round of the cup then fine, but I don’t.
    I just hope Botman and Big Joe are strong for Tuesday.

The reserve squad players didn’t perform, their keeper was on fire (as usual against us in the cup!) and we lost a game that we dominated - the “magic” of the FA cup (!).

Yes, I have no complaints about the loss-Wednesday deserved it.

That's why the Cup is so great, precisely because of results like this. It smarts like a bugger but you wouldn't want it to change. Well, other than our record in it...it's probably not the case but it certainly seems like we get turned over by 'smaller' teams a lot more regularly than other 'big' teams (obviously, we haven't tried for 14 years so that can't have helped).

Yes, I have no complaints about the loss-Wednesday deserved it.

That's why the Cup is so great, precisely because of results like this. It smarts like a bugger but you wouldn't want it to change. Well, other than our record in it...it's probably not the case but it certainly seems like we get turned over by 'smaller' teams a lot more regularly than other 'big' teams (obviously, we haven't tried for 14 years so that can't have helped).
    This tends to happen when your Chairman has a target of having only 11 ‘purples’ - it leaves only dross who aren’t even match fit for the cups.

Howe didnt do anything wrong tonight. He did exactly what he had to do.

So happy to see that we got a manager with a plan. Hes approach for tonights game increased our chances to actually win something or getting somewhere.

Thank you Eddie, well done. Probably the best manager we ever had.

^^ This ^^

Yes, just one of those chances converted and we would have probably been in the pot for next round's draw and this thread wouldn't exist and the game forgotten.

Hard to watch but illustrated how thin our squad beyond the normal starters.
    Give us a couple of years we will have greater depth and not have to cobble together such a poor line up.
    There’s some dead wood there.
    Onwards and Upwards.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)