+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I'm still miffed

I'm still miffed

Can someone tell me why players who have just had a 5 week break need a rest? Why does a goalkeeper need a rest, why, if the Manager wants to win cups, play a complete new team that has no cohesion? Why is Olsen still in a Villa shirt, he has shipped goals like A seive! That team played just like they would on a training pitch, tippy tappy keep ball which resulted in nothing, why did Dick take off the best player on the pitch in Sanson. Why did we not field our strongest team then if all goes well, rest a few in the 2nd half, you get 5 subs now. We have been praying for an 'Easy' home tie, we even got Stoke in the next round. My god, we have thrown away a fantastic opertunity to progress in this competition, its embarrassing, pathetic, degrading and down right hard to take, I feel we the fans care more than the players! Double training this week and a huge improvement for the Leeds game needed. I would also have every player get on their social media sites and apologise for that result which will go down as possibly the; Worst in our history. Thank you Aston Villa.......

I can't decide who was worse, Olson, or Bailey

Summing it up as a right kick in the Dendonckers.

can't say i'm thrilled we are buying a left back i've never heard of... because left back is not a position which I find problematic. We need a goalscorer, end of.

Lange needs to be sacked with Nanny McPhee for these reasons:

Lange has been Sporting Director since 2020 (ah what a year) and has brought in players who Smith and Gerrard did not want. A Vito was used by Gerrard to stop us signing Sarr from Watford. We replaced Targett with Lucas Digne for £25m in January 2022, which saw Targett run away as fast as his little legs could go (not very) to the new Big 4 Newcastle. And now, because Emery doesn't rate him or whateverz we are signing Moreno (a 30 year old) for around £15m.

We also paid around £17m for Gerrard's little mate, and while the "free" Kamara has been excellent, it has recently been revealed in order to get him to sign, we offered h personally around £25m.

Nanny McPhee needs to go because he is the set piece coach, with Aston Villa ranked as TOP team in any division across Europe in the "conceding from set piece" category.

Yesterday was embarrassing and I bet it's made Emery feel like he's made a huge mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Lange needs to be sacked with Nanny McPhee for these reasons:

Lange has been Sporting Director since 2020 (ah what a year) and has brought in players who Smith and Gerrard did not want. A Vito was used by Gerrard to stop us signing Sarr from Watford. We replaced Targett with Lucas Digne for £25m in January 2022, which saw Targett run away as fast as his little legs could go (not very) to the new Big 4 Newcastle. And now, because Emery doesn't rate him or whateverz we are signing Moreno (a 30 year old) for around £15m.

We also paid around £17m for Gerrard's little mate, and while the "free" Kamara has been excellent, it has recently been revealed in order to get him to sign, we offered h personally around £25m.

Nanny McPhee needs to go because he is the set piece coach, with Aston Villa ranked as TOP team in any division across Europe in the "conceding from set piece" category.

Yesterday was embarrassing and I bet it's made Emery feel like he's made a huge mistake.
    Some very good points, well made, Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Some very good points, well made, Sam.
    I agree with all of that too Sam, I think we will make a profit on Kamara.

On team selection - there's nothing wrong with rotating the squad for these games, that 11 could and should have won that but.... the gameplan was based on Stevenage being a compact unit leaving no room to play through them so go out wide every time. Bailey had loads of the ball but f'kd up and lost it NINE**** times when he could have set up good chances, he is awful most of the time. Emery plays an asymmetric formation so no real threat on the other flank but f'me if we don't score by going through the middle! Then we continue to do what isn't working out on the right - Ings tirelessly made short runs to show for the dink over the top but barn door Coutinho never once tried to play him in, same goes for Luiz.

I feel for Dendoncker, he's hardly put a foot wrong when called upon and was facing the goal, Olsen should never have made that pass, never, and to then get beaten by a tame low shot at the near post, fk off and don't come anywhere near B6 ever again. I was in the upper Doug Ellis so couldn't see that the short corner was on until it was taken, I watched in disbelief - credit to them, their plan worked to stay in the game then press in the nervy last few mins.

I'm seething lads, it was the first thing that came into my head when I woke up - worst of all is that result is now written in history and we are the banter club for away fans, the gift that keeps on giving.

Sanson - a true professional, gave a very disciplined performance, got the goal and we were worse without him as Buendia just runs all over the place leaving space for the opposition and isolating Digne.

Martinez didn't need a rest, that's the one selection I don't get at all, almost always there is drama in these games and so it proved. I don't want any of these players apologising on social media or the club website, they still get their pay whilst we get pelters, all I want is decisive action in the windows to build the right team like Ron Saunders did, who will give their all.

UTV (I think)!
    Last edited by westcountryvillain; 09-01-2023 at 08:15 PM.

For once we could not blame Mings, too many things wrong all at once. Olsen his usual **** self, Cashback injured again, coutinho is shot, Buendia suffering from Little big man Syndrome and Ings looking like he's going, as for Bailey, confidence is gone, if we had someone else I would rest him now as he may become lost completely. I bet Dick would love to play that game again, I bet he would play a stronger line up and would leave Sanson on. All I can say now is that he has to get it right Friday and Leeds are a battling team who, never give up. It will be very tough but I'm expecting a reaction.

I’m 58 years old, and I’ve always been a Villa fan. However, The Villa have been p155ing me off since, well, forever, If it’s not performances or signings, then it’s been managerial appointments and fking owners.

In my disappointment, I don’t believe that I am any different than any other football supporter in the world, except maybe I am obviously more fortunate, being Villa.

They will p155 me off again, I know this, I accept this as part of being a football fan. But by fk, I hate it when we’re as fking w@nk, as we have been since spuds.

Achievements of yesteryear, sometimes soften the blows. Achievements, that most would relish, and happily go to their grave with. Not me, I’m p155ed off with the lot of them, even the Tea lady.

This cup was up for grabs, folks, and I empathise with those of a certain vintage, who like me, pine for F.A. Cup. No lads & lasses, not this year, AGAIN.

Bollox!!!

Our record in the FA Cup in recent years is utterly abysmal, even when we made the final we didn't manage a shot on goal. Chelsea have gone out in the 3rd round ONCE in the last 25 years, to Man City at the weekend. No-one can take away our history but as the years go there are less of us around with those memories and for everybody else it's memories of us being sh1t.

Never mind eh - only Leeds up next on Fri 13th.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)