+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which would you choose?

Which would you choose?

DCFCs fairy godmother visits you and gives you a choice of guaranteed promotion or guaranteed to win the FA Cup.....

1. Guaranteed promotion

2. Guaranteed FA Cup win

.... which?

FA Cup.
    We've multiple promotion seasons behind us, but only 1 FA Cup. I expect us to get promoted (at some point), but there's no cup expectation, so it will be much more special.
    Swap that out for winning the Premier League, and I'd opt to win the League.
    How about you 'Amster? Would you rather see us clinch 2nd spot on the final day at Hillsborough, or lift the FA Cup at Wembley?

I've seen us win the top 3 Leagues although I was only 3 when we won Division 3 North. I do remember me Dad and older brother being very happy but, at that age, it didn't really register. I wasn't born when we won the Cup in '46 so, for purely personal and selfish reasons, I'd take the Cup win.

Having said that, winning the Cup is nigh on impossible for us so promotion would be more than acceptable.

FA Cup for me.

We will get promoted at some point, but the cup is a trophy and the feel good factor would be amazing.

FA Cup win every time, a wonderful day out and a moment in history that one would savour and remember for the rest of ones life! I'll take promotion another year thanks!

Promotion

The cup would be lovely but I want to be playing Man U and Liverpool in two years time not Cheltenham and Accrington
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 09-01-2023 at 09:04 PM.

Papa John, we haven't won that before

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Promotion

The cup would be lovely but I want to be playing Man U and Liverpool in two years time not Cheltenham and Accrington
    So you would trade winning the FA Cup for the remote possibility of being beaten soundly by the rich teams in the prem? On a rational basis, the latter could happen anyway in 3 years, so your only delaying the experience playing in the prem by 12 months in return for an experience of actually winning a trophy!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    So you would trade winning the FA Cup for the remote possibility of being beaten soundly by the rich teams in the prem? On a rational basis, the latter could happen anyway in 3 years, so you’re only delaying the experience playing in the prem by 12 months in return for an experience of actually winning a trophy!
    On that same rational basis the former (FA cup win) could happen next year so it’s a nil outcome

If we’re talking ‘guaranteed’ and ‘fairy godmothers’...then a guaranteed play off win every time, please.
    That way you get the Wembley occasion factor...and the promise of better things next season.

In reality...the most we can expect from the FA Cup is a good run as we are light years behind the real contenders.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-01-2023 at 11:01 AM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)