+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victor

Victor

Rotherham and Wigan showing interest involving a buy out clause in Victors Burton Albions contract.
    What a difference 6 months makes.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Rotherham and Wigan showing interest involving a buy out clause in Victors Burton Albions contract.
    What a difference 6 months makes.
    Well I always liked the lad because he gave his all when selected but championship level I'm not so sure .

Weer in division one tho Animal ! He's better than Cole this season , im a big fan of Victor , some of the goals he scored in under 23s games were unbelievable , i wish the the lad all the best in his future ,

Is Vic there?

It’s all about opinions.
    Personally I thought Victor wasn’t consistent enough.

Which brings me onto comments on another thread - about disliking certain players.
    I don’t think any supporters have personal reasons for disliking a player - basically because we don’t know the players personally.
    We can only gauge players on what we see on the field.
    There are an handful of players in the current team that I believe are not up to standard.
    Right or wrong we can only give our personal opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It’s all about opinions.
    Personally I thought Victor wasn’t consistent enough.

Which brings me onto comments on another thread - about disliking certain players.
    I don’t think any supporters have personal reasons for disliking a player - basically because we don’t know the players personally.
    We can only gauge players on what we see on the field.
    There are an handful of players in the current team that I believe are not up to standard.
    Right or wrong we can only give our personal opinion.
    I thought Victor was consistent with us, he was consistently poor , 9 goals in 97 appearances tells a story but the most damming statement is that Vic was here for 4 years when we went through about 5 or 6 coaches , none of which gave him real game time & the conclusion can only be down to what each different coach saw on the training ground which must not have been impressive , he also had two loan spells at lower league clubs in Bristol Rover & Cambridge with neither going well, however when the parting of the ways came it was beneficial to both parties , after 4 years of investing in a player it was clear that the club was not getting a return & with him moving on it now presents opportunities for such as Jalo to get bench / game time to aid his development & it also gave Vic a chance to kick start his career which to certain extent he has , so good luck to the lad & lets hope he goes on to have a great career but Barnsley cannot have any regrets about letting him go , it simply did not work out for him with us & I doubt it ever would have , he needed the change .

Bit unfair that Shads , but i respect your opinion , quoting games played and goals scored doesn't give a true picture though , most of his game's were as a sub, he never got a run in the side , 2 of the coaches at least we're clueless ? , Maamria at Burton has seen what they didn't , it's water under the bridge I suppose , but I repeat Victor would be Mt choice before Cole , ( what's his stats ? )

Just looked Coles stats up & for the reds in his two spells he has made 42 appearances & scored 12 goals which if you consider in his first spell he was a youngster just starting out it is quite decent but I am not comparing the two , my own opinion is that there is a reason why in 4 years he made 97 appearances with a lot being from the bench & that is that each coach/manager in their turn did not see enough in him & you could be right but I think the fact that he has had 4 years on the training ground in itself is a lot more than others who have come to the club have had & as I said I wish him well & think that a move has given him chance to kick start his career & hopefully for the lad it has done just that, but hindsight is a wonderful thing & if we had gone into this season with Victor leading the line then this board would have been in melt down , but because we are struggling for goals he has suddenly turned into Messi , I don"t buy it .

The last time we won at Derby County Victor put the game to bed in the 83rd minute. I’d suggest Michael plays a rerun of that game to show the current squad how it’s done.

A hard working display and in the opponents faces from start to finish. Miles apart from Saturdays performance and Victor played his part in it. One thing Victor always fully understood were the words “hard work”

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    The last time we won at Derby County Victor put the game to bed in the 83rd minute. I’d suggest Michael plays a rerun of that game to show the current squad how it’s done.

A hard working display and in the opponents faces from start to finish. Miles apart from Saturdays performance and Victor played his part in it. One thing Victor always fully understood were the words “hard work”
    To be fair Poggy it should be the bare minimum of any pro to work hard & put the effort it , try telling Iseka that lol , but Victor came off the bench for many of his appearances & knowing that you only have got to do a thirty minute shift means that you don"t have to pace yourself much & give your"e all knowing that you only have a short shift . I actually think Victor must think Derby are his favourite club to play against being that 2 of his total of 9 goals in four seasons were both winners against Derby , can we play you every week !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast