+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyche to Everton

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    By coincidence I was Everton when we won 1-0 and Jeff Hendrick smacked the winner in after a 24 pass move when no Everton player got anywhere near the ball.

I was also at Stamford Bridge when we were 3-0 up at half time against the EPL champions.

I'm not commenting on this topic anymore because if people had actually got off their arses and watched the Clarets play away from home under the auspices of Sean Dyche they would know we were anything other than one dimensional.
    There were times in the PL when we played good football, Defour and Brady showing Spurs up at Wembley springs to mind, numerous other games as well, but as the money dried up so did the good football, I wouldn't argue with that. The last two Championship seasons under Dyche we were a joy to watch. Either some fans weren't watching us back then, or they have very short memories, no idea which.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Please refer back to the 2015/16 season, that will prove that most of what you say about Dyche is simply wrong. Please bear in mind that it's not me saying you are wrong, look at the facts, we were top of the league playing good attractive football, top scorers in the league, the facts say you are wrong.
    Yea your right I guess.

I know he did amazing when he was here, absolutely amazing. Maybe I am being harsh, I just think he needed a break from Burnley and vice versa. He became obsessed with negative football in the end. Like I say best for both parties I think.

I also don't really judge on stats, I just judge on how I feel. For the last couple of seasons I just felt depressed with the football .

Also players have spoken out about how they lost there love for the game too in the final couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Yea your right I guess.

I know he did amazing when he was here, absolutely amazing. Maybe I am being harsh, I just think he needed a break from Burnley and vice versa. He became obsessed with negative football in the end. Like I say best for both parties I think.

I also don't really judge on stats, I just judge on how I feel. For the last couple of seasons I just felt depressed with the football .

Also players have spoken out about how they lost there love for the game too in the final couple of seasons.
    If you want to talk about the last couple of seasons UG, no argument, it had run it's course and came to it's inevitable end. I feel a bit for Dyche because it's obvious now that Garlick was starving him of funds in order to finance the sale of the club. I don't see how he could have been expected to football the PL's elite off the pitch with the squad of aging journeymen that were all we could afford. He had to find another way to survive in the PL, and for a few seasons it worked, although I admit it was not pretty to watch.

I cannot agree though that he cannot play any other way, never mind the stats, I saw most of our games home and away in the last two Championships seasons and we were a joy to watch, there was never a defensive mind-set, even away from home, we just dominated games. I absolutey loved watching us those two seasons under Dyche, and I cannot forget the standard of the football we were playing.

I cannot agree though that he cannot play any other way, never mind the stats, I saw most of our games home and away in the last two Championships seasons and we were a joy to watch, there was never a defensive mind-set, even away from home, we just dominated games. I absolutey loved watching us those two seasons under Dyche, and I cannot forget the standard of the football we were playing.
    Yea fair enough. Perhaps he has and can again. Would he have the confidence to try it in the premier league? We were on a good run so easy to keep playing like that. A few defeats would he refer back to defensive mind set? I tend to think he would.

See us now, even when searching for goals in the last minutes, Reading game springs to mind, we keep playing the football we want to play win or lose. Not taking the easy option to revert back but fully believing in the style of play.

I just think a few defeats for a dyche team playing football he would revert back to defensive mindset. I dont think he would fully believe in the attacking style

This is all hypothetical of course. I hope you are right and in future we see a Dyche team ripping up the premier league with a great style of football.

I honestly do. I just can't see it, but who knows. Opinions are great and I do enjoy reading every ones.

Yea fair enough. Perhaps he has and can again. Would he have the confidence to try it in the premier league? We were on a good run so easy to keep playing like that. A few defeats would he refer back to defensive mind set? I tend to think he would.

See us now, even when searching for goals in the last minutes, Reading game springs to mind, we keep playing the football we want to play win or lose. Not taking the easy option to revert back but fully believing in the style of play.

I just think a few defeats for a dyche team playing football he would revert back to defensive mindset. I dont think he would fully believe in the attacking style

This is all hypothetical of course. I hope you are right and in future we see a Dyche team ripping up the premier league with a great style of football.

I honestly do. I just can't see it, but who knows. Opinions are great and I do enjoy reading every ones.
    If you get the chance to listen to him summarising a game on TV - just listen.

He talks exactly the same lingo as VK but with a rougher voice.

I wish SD nothing but the very best. Over and out.

It’s an opinion UG , my only question would be if he has the skill set and the ability why is he not employed in the premier league ?

Others must think the same way as you.

I’ve posted so many times that we owe Dyche everything to be where we are today, and he gets full support of most I think on here , however that doesn’t guarantee he can replicate / better what he achieved with us - and also would other clubs give him firstly the time / the backing and the keys to everything I’m guessing not.

We did play exciting football in pockets in his tenure especially the championship seasons , but as we’ve alluded to you can’t sell Tripps - Ings - Gray amongst others and keep competing without good recruitment.

All I know is I had a lot off depressing drive homes for 3/4 seasons , even when we managed to stay up.

I guess in football nowadays it all leads back to money - or lack of it.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It’s an opinion UG , my only question would be if he has the skill set and the ability why is he not employed in the premier league ?

Others must think the same way as you.

I’ve posted so many times that we owe Dyche everything to be where we are today, and he gets full support of most I think on here , however that doesn’t guarantee he can replicate / better what he achieved with us - and also would other clubs give him firstly the time / the backing and the keys to everything I’m guessing not.

We did play exciting football in pockets in his tenure especially the championship seasons , but as we’ve alluded to you can’t sell Tripps - Ings - Gray amongst others and keep competing without good recruitment.

All I know is I had a lot off depressing drive homes for 3/4 seasons , even when we managed to stay up.

I guess in football nowadays it all leads back to money - or lack of it.
    About the only thing me and sinkov have genuinely agreed upon over the last 7 seven years is what a f*cking shambles our recruitment policy/ability was under the Dyche/Garlick tenure.

Neither of us ever fathomed why Dyche put up with it, and I'm definitely still none the wiser.

It seems obvious now that Garlick and John B had a cunning plan, and keeping Burnley in the EPL was not part of it.

I have to admit that I didn't renew my ST after 3 years in the PL, I wasn't travelling and watching our steady decline under Dyche, I was only watching on TV, so it wasn't quite as painful for me as those having to travel, sit and suffer and I can understand why those that did might not be quite as enamoured of him as I still am.

I have two early memories of Dyche's tenure which left an impression on me which still persists. His first two games, Wolves at home, Leeds at home, I was not a happy bunny, Eddie had lost interest, he wanted out, the players knew he wanted out and played like they'd lost interest as well, we were a shambles, shipping goals for fun. Wolves rocked up, a decent team, only lost 4 all season, Sean kept the same back four, no changes, and we won 2-0. Tuesday night it was Leeds, another decent team, we won 1-0, two wins, two clean sheets and we went into those games with the worst goals conceded record in the League.

I came off that night saying to my sister, I don't know much about this Sean Dyche, but he can certainly organise a defence. He did an interview on local radio, he was asked why he hadn't changed the back four that had been leaking goals all season, he said he saw the previous game at Cardiff, where we conceded four, and it just needed a couple of tweaks, at the end of the season we had the 2nd best defence in the league, some bloody tweaks, he walked through the door and sorted a shambolic defence out virtually overnight.

The second was an absolute stroke of genius that summer of 2013, David Jones in from Wigan, replaced Chris McCann who went the other way. Scotty Arfield arrived as well. We played a pre-season friendly against Sparta Rotterdam, I wasn't expecting much but I was gobsmacked, David Jones ran the midfield, always available, he just kept it ticking over, we footballed Sparta off the pitch and we never looked back.

I've said enough now, you can take it for granted I have an awful lot of time for Sean Dyche, give him some footballers and his team will play football, give him journeymen and he'll do his best, but it won't be pretty to watch, he hasn't got a defensive mind-set imo, he just adapts his style of play according to what his players are capable of at that level.

I have to admit that I didn't renew my ST after 3 years in the PL, I wasn't travelling and watching our steady decline under Dyche, I was only watching on TV, so it wasn't quite as painful for me as those having to travel, sit and suffer and I can understand why those that did might not be quite as enamoured of him as I still am.

I have two early memories of Dyche's tenure which left an impression on me which still persists. His first two games, Wolves at home, Leeds at home, I was not a happy bunny, Eddie had lost interest, he wanted out, the players knew he wanted out and played like they'd lost interest as well, we were a shambles, shipping goals for fun. Wolves rocked up, a decent team, only lost 4 all season, Sean kept the same back four, no changes, and we won 2-0. Tuesday night it was Leeds, another decent team, we won 1-0, two wins, two clean sheets and we went into those games with the worst goals conceded record in the League.

I came off that night saying to my sister, I don't know much about this Sean Dyche, but he can certainly organise a defence. He did an interview on local radio, he was asked why he hadn't changed the back four that had been leaking goals all season, he said he saw the previous game at Cardiff, where we conceded four, and it just needed a couple of tweaks, at the end of the season we had the 2nd best defence in the league, some bloody tweaks, he walked through the door and sorted a shambolic defence out virtually overnight.

The second was an absolute stroke of genius that summer of 2013, David Jones in from Wigan, replaced Chris McCann who went the other way. Scotty Arfield arrived as well. We played a pre-season friendly against Sparta Rotterdam, I wasn't expecting much but I was gobsmacked, David Jones ran the midfield, always available, he just kept it ticking over, we footballed Sparta off the pitch and we never looked back.

I've said enough now, you can take it for granted I have an awful lot of time for Sean Dyche, give him some footballers and his team will play football, give him journeymen and he'll do his best, but it won't be pretty to watch, he hasn't got a defensive mind-set imo, he just adapts his style of play according to what his players are capable of at that level.
    Spot on.

Thanks Sinkov! A good read!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)