+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dyche to Everton

Dyche to Everton

Thought I'd come on here and check the rumours but there's no thread so I've started one..
    https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/01...e-on-thursday/

I also heard another club was considering him but haven't found out which one yet.

I'm not that at all certain members on here are that bothered k_c.

It's all a bit "meh!" now.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Thought I'd come on here and check the rumours but there's no thread so I've started one..
    https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/01...e-on-thursday/

I also heard another club was considering him but haven't found out which one yet.
    Funnily enough Kriti I’ve just had the conversation with a very staunch Everton fan and they do not want Dyche ( the fans that is ) under any circumstances.

Personally I think he’d do a good job for them and told him that but he’s not having any of it.

Still think he’d keep them up if they get him in imminently.

Southampton for the other one ?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Funnily enough Kriti I’ve just had the conversation with a very staunch Everton fan and they do not want Dyche ( the fans that is ) under any circumstances.

Personally I think he’d do a good job for them and told him that but he’s not having any of it.

Still think he’d keep them up if they get him in imminently.

Southampton for the other one ?

IMO it depends what a good job is defined as! Is it league position? Then he would do a great job like you suggest Army. If its having an exciting team to watch and enjoying football he would do an absolute stinker of a job.

It is easy to say, with a different brand of players he can change his style, do not pigeon hole him to Burnley etc.
    However the more I think about it the more I know he can't. He has a negative mindset just like Southgate and it will not change. Again just my opinion.

If Dyche went to Everton it would certainly prove one of two things. Either SD is good enough to manage a club other than Burnley in the Premier League or Everton really are the completely unmanageable mess we think they are and will end up in the Championship. It may even do them so good. Relegation hasn’t exactly proved a disaster for the Clarets has it?

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    IMO it depends what a good job is defined as! Is it league position? Then he would do a great job like you suggest Army. If its having an exciting team to watch and enjoying football he would do an absolute stinker of a job.

It is easy to say, with a different brand of players he can change his style, do not pigeon hole him to Burnley etc.
    However the more I think about it the more I know he can't. He has a negative mindset just like Southgate and it will not change. Again just my opinion.
    I think your right UG of all people on here really I’m the one that moaned a bucketful at dross I was served up under Dyche s tenure - reality is if they went down it could be catastrophic for them and I think he may get a run like he did here where he could make them established and reasonably successful ( people forget when you are in Europe or potentially wining things about negative tactics).

At this moment I think they need a Dyche to sort it out before they slip ever closer to the bottom 3
    And the drop.

One of Dyche's weaknesses is that he thought McNeil was a wunderkind, it would be interesting to see what happens there.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    I think your right UG of all people on here really I’m the one that moaned a bucketful at dross I was served up under Dyche s tenure - reality is if they went down it could be catastrophic for them and I think he may get a run like he did here where he could make them established and reasonably successful ( people forget when you are in Europe or potentially wining things about negative tactics).

At this moment I think they need a Dyche to sort it out before they slip ever closer to the bottom 3
    And the drop.
    He would definitely do a job in that sense, in fact I'm convinced in the future he is going to get the nickname Sean Allerdyche

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    One of Dyche's weaknesses is that he thought McNeil was a wunderkind, it would be interesting to see what happens there.
    The reality was he had to give McNeil the big build up because he had nowt else.

Dyche is past history,let's move on with Kompany and enjoy the ride whilst it lasts..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)