+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: RMT not winning

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Concentrating on the feckless has got us nowhere since the late 60s.
    I think that what is seen as helping the feckless is wrong headed. Supporting people in poverty is what we are doing imo. Would rather see a change in school ethos where instead of supporting and understanding difficulties faced by children we show them a way forward. Still focus on feckless but use different approach.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think that what is seen as helping the feckless is wrong headed. Supporting people in poverty is what we are doing imo. Would rather see a change in school ethos where instead of supporting and understanding difficulties faced by children we show them a way forward. Still focus on feckless but use different approach.
    Supporting people to stay in poverty, stay in addiction, stay in their fantasy world of choosing gender

We do nothing absolutely nothing to promote marriage, fatherhood, self discipline, responsibility........

Supporting people to stay in poverty, stay in addiction, stay in their fantasy world of choosing gender

We do nothing absolutely nothing to promote marriage, fatherhood, self discipline, responsibility........
    Agree. That's why I think groups like trades unions should think more about the work they do and how to move their employers along the growth path rather than appear to be worwied about the pay of their members. Will be interesting to see if the unions involved in the North Sea could find a way to make their industry relevant to our future prosperity rather than just go on strike. It didn't work for the miners and without public support to oppose the net zero mantra I don't see how we will have any civilised society. The green agenda is logically heading back to pre industrialisation economic levels of activity. Apologies for digression. People working today need to be trying to find ways to help their children to join the economically active and improve their lives.

Agree. That's why I think groups like trades unions should think more about the work they do and how to move their employers along the growth path rather than appear to be worwied about the pay of their members. Will be interesting to see if the unions involved in the North Sea could find a way to make their industry relevant to our future prosperity rather than just go on strike. It didn't work for the miners and without public support to oppose the net zero mantra I don't see how we will have any civilised society. The green agenda is logically heading back to pre industrialisation economic levels of activity. Apologies for digression. People working today need to be trying to find ways to help their children to join the economically active and improve their lives.
    I know you're an optimist b cram but I honestly think the bas burst.

I think my generation and the baby boomer generation have seen the best of it.

We will all be leading much smaller, much more confined lives all too soon because of the catastrophists re climate.

Heard on radio today Scotland may be the first country to ban meat an dairy in all govt controlled environments, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, sports centres........we are governed by ideological fruitcakes, don't have bairns would be my advice.🙄

I know you're an optimist b cram but I honestly think the bas burst.

I think my generation and the baby boomer generation have seen the best of it.

We will all be leading much smaller, much more confined lives all too soon because of the catastrophists re climate.

Heard on radio today Scotland may be the first country to ban meat an dairy in all govt controlled environments, schools, hospitals, nursing homes, sports centres........we are governed by ideological fruitcakes, don't have bairns would be my advice.��
    I agree that we are governed by ideological fruitcakes and to that you can add local authority SNP councillors who do what there are told to do by Nicola Sturgeon and her useless Scottish Government ministers.

Thinking that politicians are ideological fruitcake isn't going to change anything imo. Just as covid restrictions and lockdowns were the flavour of the month, that time has passed, I hope, and SNP independence dogma will die back. Perhaps it will come about with a resurgence of Labour voters understanding that there is a difference between Green SNP Marxism and genuine social justice via a reinvigorated Labour Party in Scotland. Sending Labour MPs to Westminster at the next General Election might be a really smart move. Kick in the pants for the SNP and perhaps if Labour really got a set of policies that helped business in Scotland, to expand it might spill over into the Holyrood election. Old maxim, you can't tax your way to economic growth, should be remembered.

Thinking that politicians are ideological fruitcake isn't going to change anything imo. Just as covid restrictions and lockdowns were the flavour of the month, that time has passed, I hope, and SNP independence dogma will die back. Perhaps it will come about with a resurgence of Labour voters understanding that there is a difference between Green SNP Marxism and genuine social justice via a reinvigorated Labour Party in Scotland. Sending Labour MPs to Westminster at the next General Election might be a really smart move. Kick in the pants for the SNP and perhaps if Labour really got a set of policies that helped business in Scotland, to expand it might spill over into the Holyrood election. Old maxim, you can't tax your way to economic growth, should be remembered.
    Nothing will change, so I'll enjoy calling them fruitcakes whilst I'm still allowed, in fact I'll call them fruitcakes even when I'm not allowed.

Labour has just as many fruitcakes as the SNP, they whipped for gender recognition bill and are now back peddling like a cyclist going off a cliff.

Hollyrood has more fruitcakes than Gregg's

Alternatively politicians are promoted to their level of incompetence.

ASLEF now going on strike. They seem to have been reluctant to get involved because their wages are much higher and it is unlikely that people will be sympathetic to a give us more pay campaign.

Maybe this has been Government's plan all along. Working from home has seriously reduced the revenue from commuters. The economics of the industry need to change and if the volumes are down by 20%, a decision needs to be taken how to change the working practices.

ASLEF now going on strike. They seem to have been reluctant to get involved because their wages are much higher and it is unlikely that people will be sympathetic to a give us more pay campaign.

Maybe this has been Government's plan all along. Working from home has seriously reduced the revenue from commuters. The economics of the industry need to change and if the volumes are down by 20%, a decision needs to be taken how to change the working practices.
    The number of trains needs to be reduced to meet the number of people travelling by train. There is point running train journeys which are near empty and subsidised by the U.K. taxpayer just to keep the members of Aslef and the other rail unions sweet.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)