+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Elliott Nevitt

Elliott Nevitt

Signs an 18 month deal from Tranmere for an undisclosed fee Welcome

Could be a good signing, and can’t be worse than Sambou. But goals per game not exactly encouraging.

Good luck Elliott - hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Could be a good signing, and can’t be worse than Sambou. But goals per game not exactly encouraging.

I think this signing will mean curtains for probably 2 of our current strikers come the end of June Sambou for definite absolutely useless and probably Long as he is far too injury prone.

I'm glad we've got someone, who must be better than Sambou. But, I have to ask, why did Tranmere,only a few points/places above us, let him go? Player of the season and goal of the season and now he's released to a team in the same division?
    Ah well! Fingers crossed it's our good fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think this signing will mean curtains for probably 2 of our current strikers come the end of June Sambou for definite absolutely useless and probably Long as he is far too injury prone.
    I think this will depend on Long's contract demands. If he's content with a one year contract at no improved wages, then we should keep him. I wouldn't want him coming back to full fitness and banging in goals against us, next season. I cannot disagree about Sambou- 1 goal, 0 assists makes him a luxury (?) we can't afford. I also expect Agyei to be off like a shot in June, if not before.

I think this is a good signing we were after him prior to him signing for Tranmere. Some of their fans have questioned letting him go as he was their player of the year last season. He maybe not be the biggest or the quickest but he is a presence up front a bit like Chris Dagnall who I believe will do a good job for the Alex and he always scored against us.

Rumour mill is that Chris Long is retiring through injury, presumably how we can afford to bring Elliott Nevitt in.

Elliott will hit the ground running and there will be a few goals, long term he could run out of steam like he's done at Tranmere.