+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Hearts v Aberdeen

FFS. Where do you start??
    First I'm not one for punting managers as it is money down the drain and then more money as players get punted and need to be replaced. It was painfully obvious even at the start of the season we looked very "light" at the back and if we are honest the only time we have kept a clean sheet is when the opposition haven't capitalised on the clear chances they have had. As the season has gone on our 3 fullbacks are all OK(generous I know) going forward but are poor defensively. Stewart can't pass, Scales gives away penalties at an alarming rate and McCrorie has been left to cover for all of them, after they have been pants/injured/suspended when he is supposed to be a midifelder. We need a whole new back 4 if the defence can't be "sorted with a week on the training field" unless we stick with McCrorie at RB which I'd go with.
    I'd give Goodwin this transfer window to get the defence sorted as horrific as we are defensively and away from home, we have made some decent signings and the home form hasn't been bad. We would have more points if it wasn't for the BsitB but every AFC manager is gong to experience that.

Look out the white raincoat min, the Dons need us.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Look out the white raincoat min, the Dons need us.
    Found it at the back of a wardrobe over Xmas - Not sure I'll be able to close the buttons these days though...

Lose to Darvel and he has got to go. They will be relishing playing us with our dreadful away record. I didn't know Milne was out on loan. A crazy move when we are so short of centre backs. Oh and he has brought in another two midfield players when we are crying out for defenders. He just hasn't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    Lose to Darvel and he has got to go. They will be relishing playing us with our dreadful away record. I didn't know Milne was out on loan. A crazy move when we are so short of centre backs. Oh and he has brought in another two midfield players when we are crying out for defenders. He just hasn't a clue.
    I'm not convinced Jimbo has the final say on who comes into the club despite what is reported.

Well what can you say - yet another shameful night for AFC. Far from the first, and certainly won't be the last cause incompetence, mediocrity (being generous) and failure is ingrained in the club at every level.

Too many players simply unfit to wear the jersey, a clueless manager and an equally clueless board / backroom management team.

What a mess.

I'm past getting angry with Goodwin now - I actually just feel sorry for him. I'm not wasting any time or money on this shower though tbf.

Goodwin is simply a drowning man, in way, way out of his depth.

The Theresa May of football management

Its time to put him and us out of our misery. Sadly, as the acceptance of mediocrity and failure I mentioned earlier runs through the heart of the club, its doubtful it will happen.

We go again

Apparently Goodwin has a meeting with Cormark tonight. I predict he will be gone tomorrow and Barry Robson will take the team to Darvel.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    To be fair Shinnie will be a good signing although he's another midfielder

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567