+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alan Burrows to leave Motherwell

He’ll need all the luck he can get dealing with their crabbit, deluded supporters.

If he thought our fans were bad…

Out of the frying pan into the fire

From the MFC website...

Chairman Jim McMahon offers the following update.

Following the announcement of Alan’s departure as CEO last month, several clubs made contact with him about a potential new role.

Alan entered into discussions with a number of those, but ultimately decided to take up an offer from Aberdeen FC.

We all very much wish him well with that. However, in order to be fair to all parties, including Motherwell FC, and to stop any potential awkwardness or issues, it was agreed to expedite that exit process.

The board had already commissioned a recruitment agent to lead on the identification of a suitable replacement, and we intend to conclude that process as soon as possible.

In the meantime, Alan will continue to work as hard as he always does, alongside the experienced and talented senior management team across the various departments. My fellow Directors and I stand ready and will, if required, be on hand to assist in any aspect during this transition period.

It has been a tough time of late for the club, of that there is no doubt and I want to thank you all for your patience, understanding and backing.

We will get through this and back to better days, particularly if we all stick together.

Please give Steven and the players as much support as you normally do and let’s roar the team on to a strong finish to the 22/23 season.

Quote Originally Posted by jwok View Post
    From the MFC website...

Chairman Jim McMahon offers the following update.

Following the announcement of Alan’s departure as CEO last month, several clubs made contact with him about a potential new role.

Alan entered into discussions with a number of those, but ultimately decided to take up an offer from Aberdeen FC.

We all very much wish him well with that. However, in order to be fair to all parties, including Motherwell FC, and to stop any potential awkwardness or issues, it was agreed to expedite that exit process.

The board had already commissioned a recruitment agent to lead on the identification of a suitable replacement, and we intend to conclude that process as soon as possible.

In the meantime, Alan will continue to work as hard as he always does, alongside the experienced and talented senior management team across the various departments. My fellow Directors and I stand ready and will, if required, be on hand to assist in any aspect during this transition period.

It has been a tough time of late for the club, of that there is no doubt and I want to thank you all for your patience, understanding and backing.

We will get through this and back to better days, particularly if we all stick together.

Please give Steven and the players as much support as you normally do and let’s roar the team on to a strong finish to the 22/23 season.
    Still don't get why he felt he had to resign and didn't have another job to go to.

Why did he resign? What is going on at our club?

Because he can double his salary for much less stress elsewhere. He would have known there'd be no shortage of offers.

Burrows moving on isn't the big issue by any means, it's the fact we appear so caught by surprise and struggling to react that's the issue.

And even that in itself isn't that bad, it's the fact it's coming on top of a miserable year on and off the pitch which is getting people angry.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Because he can double his salary for much less stress elsewhere. He would have known there'd be no shortage of offers.
    and conveniently for him his next appointment in a similar role with a direct competitor the club has been robbed of financial compensation. Where’s the non-compete clause? Didn’t the club get compensated when the previous CEO left for Hibs?
    Clearly isn’t considering the well being of the club only himself and his next appointment.
    Really questioning how long Hammell will last now.

Quote Originally Posted by firparkUSA View Post
    and conveniently for him his next appointment in a similar role with a direct competitor the club has been robbed of financial compensation. Where’s the non-compete clause? Didn’t the club get compensated when the previous CEO left for Hibs?
    Clearly isn’t considering the well being of the club only himself and his next appointment.
    Really questioning how long Hammell will last now.
    Can't remember if there was compo for Dempster going to Hibs. I understand by that time that we were willing to pay anyone to take her.

If there was compo due if Burrows went to Aberdeen when still in post then this whole thing stinks like Billingsgate.

You have no idea of what clauses he had in his contract...it's entirely possible we were happy not to have something like that in exchange for paying him the pittance he reportedly earned.

I don't really remember the details of Dempster's departure but I thought she just left and as said we were happy to huckle her out ant way we could by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    You have no idea of what clauses he had in his contract...it's entirely possible we were happy not to have something like that in exchange for paying him the pittance he reportedly earned.

I don't really remember the details of Dempster's departure but I thought she just left and as said we were happy to huckle her out ant way we could by that point.
    You're right I haven't got a clue what clauses were in his contract or not which is why I said "if".

Still stinks though. Club are a shambles.

His resignation is all a bit too conveniently timed, but he's now at a competitor club, (loosely temed as it more likely to be Arbroath next season) so lets forget him, he's yesterdays man! No one is good enough for those delusional P4icks so he'll be moved on again in a few years, no doubt so much wealthier.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)