+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Ist Half
    How the hell is Charlton winning this !?!?!
    Again - it’s beyond frustrating !!!
    Last pass forward continually hit too long or too short.
    Luca doing a good job as holding midfielder - and there is Cadden, Kane, Phillips and Benson proving the ammunition going forward - all of them failing to provide that telling pass.
    Cole along with Aichison doing their best againt a backdrop of poor passes to them.
    Things can only get better.

Shocking goal to give away , Collins didn't cover himself in glory either , poor .

Yet again the final ball let's us down in the final third .

Beyond frustrating watching this .

I thought Cole was having a decent game so why he’s off and martins on is beyond me?

That bad today , even Helik got a yellow, and not even playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Ist Half
    How the hell is Charlton winning this !?!?!
    Again - it’s beyond frustrating !!!
    Last pass forward continually hit too long or too short.
    Luca doing a good job as holding midfielder - and there is Cadden, Kane, Phillips and Benson proving the ammunition going forward - all of them failing to provide that telling pass.
    Cole along with Aichison doing their best againt a backdrop of poor passes to them.
    Things can only get better.
    2nd Half
    Can’t watch it anymore.
    And didn’t see their 2nd goal cos I wer int lav.

When you have relatively small light weight strikers you need midfielders with the ability to pass the ball and drop it on a penny.
    We just haven’t got midfielders that has the technique to do that.
    We are desperate for a larger target up front thats easier to hit.

All in all an unprofessional performance.

Not a great start to 2023 is it.

Becoming more and more frustrating by the week and gifting the opposition a start now seems the normality.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Becoming more and more frustrating by the week and gifting the opposition a start now seems the normality.
    Correct Poggy.

Need 3 points quickly to get the confidence back....and a bit of luck also.

I can't knock the lads effort and commitment today and they kept going till the end but in reality that's the minimum requirement .

What was dropping for us in that good run pre xmas isn't doing so now but at the same time you need players in those situations to produce a bit of quality and unfortunately we haven't a Mowatt , Kieffer , Woodrow , Jacob Brown or even a Thiam .

The defence is starting to look shaky and those clean sheets have deserted us , whilst we were keeping clean sheets we gave ourselves the opportunity to win games with the single goal or a couple .

Absolutely no way are we scoring three's and four's which on this current run we'd have to do to get something out of games .

Back to basics for me and we need to start tightening up at the back and becoming way more difficult to beat .

I've noticed the last few games especially away from home we are way too expansive and we've gotten picked off after starting well but missing our chances .

Very very limited bunch of players who in my opinion have fallen in to the trap pre xmas of believing they are actually better than they are and need as I say to get back to basics .

Tight at the back and be way more horrible to play against .

Stats saying we had 61% possession and 22 shots but only 2 on target.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast