+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by romared View Post
    just had a text from my son who went today , he thought we should have taken our chances early on , not really impressed and questions duffs substitutions , he won't be going to anymore away games , a large portion of the 1k fans were a disgrace to our club and town , drink drugs bad behaviour , who needs it ? Long journey home , train , ticket , food and drink best part of £200 , is it worth it anymore ,
    it's not just football matches where theres alcohol and drug behaviour it's a sign of the times in any city or town

Exactly why we stopped going to away games. Wouldn’t go away now if they came for us on the team bus. Exactly the reasons why we stopped going. Unsafe atmosphere, intimidation, and nasty idiots who said “if you don’t like our behaviour, f..k off ”.
    We enjoyed away games better than home games, eventually the behaviour of our idiot following will cost us dearly. The club can control away ticket sales, but “Pay on the day” can’t be controlled.
    The “Older end “ fans who we used to see regularly, dwindled. Noticeably. The intimidation grew.
    As you say, £200. To be told “I’ll sit where I f**king want, if you don’t shift, I’ll paste thee”.
    No more for us.
    Burnley away cup game was the beginning of the end for us.
    Last edited by Jules88; 14-01-2023 at 07:37 PM.

You gormless old duffers don't show the passion we young 'uns do, especially away from home.

Jason's video of us off our heads at Charlton has gone viral.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Exactly why we stopped going to away games. Wouldn’t go away now if they came for us on the team bus. Exactly the reasons why we stopped going. Unsafe atmosphere, intimidation, and nasty idiots who said “if you don’t like our behaviour, f..k off ”.
    We enjoyed away games better than home games, eventually the behaviour of our idiot following will cost us dearly. The club can control away ticket sales, but “Pay on the day” can’t be controlled.
    The “Older end “ fans who we used to see regularly, dwindled. Noticeably. The intimidation grew.
    As you say, £200. To be told “I’ll sit where I f**king want, if you don’t shift, I’ll paste thee”.
    No more for us.
    Burnley away cup game was the beginning of the end for us.
    Told this morning by my work mate that there was a huge police presence at the game yesterday and especially at Charlton railway station after the game .

Seems our reputation is responsible for such a police turnout because if it was Charlton visiting Barnsley you'd imagine that hardly any SYP would be around .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Told this morning by my work mate that there was a huge police presence at the game yesterday and especially at Charlton railway station after the game .

Seems our reputation is responsible for such a police turnout because if it was Charlton visiting Barnsley you'd imagine that hardly any SYP would be around .
    The Met Police-v-South Yorkshire Fooak has a history.

Sunday and I’m still mightily peed off about this result.
    If we were beaten by better players then I could accept it - but we weren’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Sunday and I’m still mightily peed off about this result.
    If we were beaten by better players then I could accept it - but we weren’t.
    We have, in the main, a squad of average Third Division players, who have been organised well by Duff to compensate for their limitations and use their strengths. I would say only Andersen, Collins and Williams, and maybe Connell on a good day, are better players than the average Third Division ability level.
    Love is blind. Fans often do not see the faults and limitations of the club they support.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 16-01-2023 at 06:17 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345