+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

I was going to this game but I've given back word and somebody's taken my place , just not feeling up to it at the moment .

Lad who I work with it's his 50th and we were going on a jolly boys outing , early arrival in London and a few pints and on to Charlton .

Could do with a good win and stopping the rot couldn't we .

A win is *****ly important after the last couple of results.

Big response required from the players.

AH the other website

v - i = t a l l y

Yes we could do with a win but tb honest I’d take a point now, it’s quite a tough fixture and just steadying the ship would be welcome for me,
    Then get on n give acc Stanley a right pasting next week, which we should have on box day
    Back on track fingers crossed 🤞

There's no need to swear on here Chop, v*ital indeed lol.
    We're in a worrying position at the moment, two bad losses and all of a sudden its making us wonder if we will stay in the top 6 this season.
    I'd tap (take a point) right now if I could for the visit to Charlton. We might bring the new loan striker Watters on for 20 odd minutes as a sub, and see if he can ruffle them up a bit.

One of the best awaydays in London along with QPR , ORIENT , we normally take a good following too ,⚽️🚩🍷

Remember us going 0-3 ahead there, in '85 I think, thanks to a Ron Futcher hat trick.
    And then sure enough, we collapsed in the 2nd half and lost 5-3!!.

They are a club in turmoil at the minute with the owner trying to sell them! Their confidence is very low and the defeat to Man Ure in the week will have dented their confidence further?
    They have won their last 2 but before that their last win was the 22nd of October! One of the more unpredictable teams in the league 9 points off play off’s and 9 points off bottom 3……..score goals but concede a lot as well!
    I will be disappointed if we can’t beat these, especially with Mads back.

Around 1k travelling reds will be there today , I'm hoping for them to have a good day and rewarded with 3 points , not sure how the lineup will look , defensive wise Larkesh for Tom Williams , and hopefully Benson back to replace " Il Lupo " !

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember us going 0-3 ahead there, in '85 I think, thanks to a Ron Futcher hat trick.
    And then sure enough, we collapsed in the 2nd half and lost 5-3!!.
    You are right , Ron Future did score a first half hat trick & then managed to get sent off plus he managed to punch a hole in the dressing room door which led to further trouble him with our club getting billed for the damage he caused , that day was definitely not a " happy valley "

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast