+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Charlton Athletic v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Big task now for Duff, Paterson and Devaney.

3 guys with a big responsibility now.

Personally I thought they tried hard today and in no way deserved to loose that game.
    There’s a lack of belief in the goal scoring department though.
    Snatching at chances, heavy touches at critical moments, poor quality crossing where we seem to always find their first defender and poor decisions made when executing the final ball,
    It’s blatant to see the lack of confidence.
    This unfortunately is starting to have a negative effect on the rest of the team now.
    Before Xmas we had one of the best defensive records in the league but we’re starting to give teams goals they haven’t earned,
    Last 3 games lost without scoring
    It’s becoming disheartening
    Please help md out in the next 2 weeks
    He’s doing a good job and with a couple of quality additions in the right area the play offs are achievable imo

Quote Originally Posted by Dingle council View Post
    Personally I thought they tried hard today and in no way deserved to loose that game.
    There’s a lack of belief in the goal scoring department though.
    Snatching at chances, heavy touches at critical moments, poor quality crossing where we seem to always find their first defender and poor decisions made when executing the final ball,
    It’s blatant to see the lack of confidence.
    This unfortunately is starting to have a negative effect on the rest of the team now.
    Before Xmas we had one of the best defensive records in the league but we’re starting to give teams goals they haven’t earned,
    Last 3 games lost without scoring
    It’s becoming disheartening
    Please help md out in the next 2 weeks
    He’s doing a good job and with a couple of quality additions in the right area the play offs are achievable imo
    Wouldn't disagree with any of that assessment and we still sit 6th with games in hand .

Play offs are achievable but we need to end our blip (which all teams get) quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Big task now for Duff, Paterson and Devaney.

3 guys with a big responsibility now.
    But at least I believe most of us trust them to make a success of things here .

There's plenty wrong at the club at the moment but the technical area isn't one of them .

Just had a text from my son who went today , he thought we should have taken our chances early on , not really impressed and questions Duffs substitutions , he won't be going to anymore away games , a large portion of the 1k fans were a disgrace to our club and town , drink drugs bad behaviour , who needs it ? Long journey home , train , ticket , food and drink best part of £200 , is it worth it anymore ,

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Stats saying we had 61% possession and 22 shots but only 2 on target.
    Stats are right but slightly mis leading as they count hitting the cross bar as off target which we did twice , we also had 11 or 12 corners to their none but the only real stat what counts are the goal columns & we lost that one. Overall I think the performance today was quite good & much improved & on another day we come away with a comfortable 3 points but its a result business & today we lost .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Just had a text from my son who went today , he thought we should have taken our chances early on , not really impressed and questions Duffs substitutions , he won't be going to anymore away games , a large portion of the 1k fans were a disgrace to our club and town , drink drugs bad behaviour , who needs it ? Long journey home , train , ticket , food and drink best part of £200 , is it worth it anymore ,
    Certainly not the worst decision I've made not going down there today and you've just underlined it for me Roma with what your lad has said .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Stats are right but slightly mis leading as they count hitting the cross bar as off target which we did twice , we also had 11 or 12 corners to their none but the only real stat what counts are the goal columns & we lost that one. Overall I think the performance today was quite good & much improved & on another day we come away with a comfortable 3 points but its a result business & today we lost .
    Agree Shads, which is why I said in an earlier mail we need some luck on our side now.

they couldnt score in a brothel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast