+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S****horpe winding up order

S****horpe winding up order

S****horpe United are facing a winding-up petition from HM Revenue & Customs due to an alleged unpaid tax bill.

Begbies Traynor, the company assisting owner Peter Swann with the sale of the club, told BBC Radio Humberside that the winding-up petition “shows the urgency required by any potential purchaser.

The Iron have already been operating under a transfer embargo due to the desperate financial situation at the club.

It is understood the club will receive a court date in the next seven days.

More to follow.

Chesterfield have taken 6 points from them this season

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    S****horpe United are facing a winding-up petition from HM Revenue & Customs due to an alleged unpaid tax bill.

Begbies Traynor, the company assisting owner Peter Swann with the sale of the club, told BBC Radio Humberside that the winding-up petition “shows the urgency required by any potential purchaser.

The Iron have already been operating under a transfer embargo due to the desperate financial situation at the club.

It is understood the club will receive a court date in the next seven days.

More to follow.
    Could easily have been us. Genuinely gutted at the state many owners leave clubs. The FA and it’s fit and proper assessment has to take responsibility and an urgent review of how they conduct these checks.

Ideal opportunity for one very high profile and experienced local club owner to try getting back on the horse with his white shining armour

Or even more nearby I wonder if they've got another pound to spare?

Hopefully they’ll get sorted, brings back memories of our own torrid times in similar positions. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Ideal opportunity for one very high profile and experienced local club owner to try getting back on the horse with his white shining armour

Or even more nearby I wonder if they've got another pound to spare?
    I don't know the details, but this seems like the thing we regularly experienced under a couple of owners you so subtly allude to! I hope they find a way out, because it's always the fans who suffer most rather than those who caused the problem.

Ditto everything above… I hope they get through this. Great club, great supporters… and a Lincolnshire team to boot.

Poor sods. They're looking fairly nailed on to drop down again this season too - and that's before any points deductions.

They were doing great for 15 years or so. Makes you wonder who among those currently well established in the 3rd tier or higher might end up in tier 5 in the 2030s.

Scunny's ups and downs from 2005 (season Thordarsson took over at Notts) to 2019 (when we got relegated out of the league).....

2nd tier seasons: 3
    3rd tier seasons: 10 (including a 1st place finish and 4 apps in the play offs, winning one final)
    4th tier seasons: 1 (finished runners up)

We'd have been quite happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Hopefully they’ll get sorted, brings back memories of our own torrid times in similar positions. Not good.
    100% agree.

Football fans should wish Scunny nothing but the best. I remember grown men in tears after the game with Luton Town which many thought would be Notts County's last, and Roger Hill's voice breaking on the tannoy as he advised our next scheduled home fixture. We were also not much further from the brink when the Reedtz brothers saved our skins. I sincerely hope Scunny's equivalent of Haydn Green or the Bros Reedtz come forward in the next few days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast