+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hibs (A)

Hibs (A)

Absolutely v!tal we get something from this. To compensate for the inevitable from baith erse cheeks at home last week and the next Tannadice game, I really feel we need four points from tomorrow and Livi away. Will not be easy to predict as Hibs seem to be either reasonable or total keech with nothing in between. Nisbet has made a big difference for them recently and is the man to watch so given his attributes I feel this needs the return of Mulgrew and Graham, likely with Smith pushed out to replace Freeman.

Keep it tight, frustrate and we have every chance of getting something in front of a 'boisterous' Arab following.

C'MON UNITED!!!!!
    Last edited by JamesMcClean; 13-01-2023 at 11:22 AM.

Tough game tomorrow. Hibs have been inconsistent, to say the least, but Nesbitt looks like he has come back from his injury and is banging in the goals. We need to keep it tight at the back to nullify his threat and hope that we can convert our chances when they come. I think this is one of those games where we will need our midfield to chip in with the goals if we are to win. Harkes and Levitt are both due some goals, and this would be the ideal game to do it in.

Very important this. Are we at the bottom of the league or reaching into mid table and catching the likes of Hibs.

I don’t like Hibs and they seem to be pretty poor atm except for nisbett helping them now he’s back.

Big test for us as if momentum and consistency is lasting we should be getting a result

A couple of weeks ago i was confident we would get at least a point,not so sure now though with Nisbett getting a hatrick last week and them winning away albeit only v Motherwell. Going into last week's game Hibs were bottom of the form table but that of course was minus their prolific striker.

Hibs are a wierd team. Even with Nisbet, their form is still very inconsistent. The Livi 4-0 can be written off by the 7th minute red card imo. Keep Nisbet quiet, stop him getting service, then I'm confident we can get something as they're absolutely sh*te and concede for fun. We have a decent record down there in recent years.

When expectations get high, Hibs have been known to "Hibs it" REALLY hope this happens tomorrow. I don't mind us trying to frustrate them and try and nick a goal, but we really need to press their midfield so there can be no unpressurised passes to Nisbet.

I'd take the draw, but have a sneaky feeling we might do a wee bit better, there has been a marked improvement in us playing as a team.

We do need Fletcher up there in case they pressure our back line, so what would have been an aimless punt in the past, is something totally different these days.

Pawlett, as well as McGrath, back in the squad for this one.

A really important few days because we travel to Livi on the Tuesday and heading there off the back of a good result at Easter Road would ease a little bit of pressure on that fixture.

Great to hear McGrath is fit again, hopefully ready to start because we need our strongest starting 11. Ideally McGrath in for Harkes supporting Fletcher. Really need to see Dylan Levitt influencing things a bit more behind those two.

Wonder how many tickets we were allocated?,our away section is sold out again.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Pawlett, as well as McGrath, back in the squad for this one.
    I'm backing the lesser spotted Pawlett to join my scorers list tomorrow late afternoon.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)