+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Yes, he has gone.

Its why I'm personally against loan players in professional league clubs and especially if we have to pay all or part of their wages because the benefit is almost all the loaner club by giving the loaned player league games they would not have got and they have stayed fit and gained loads of experience and all that happens is thanks but we want him back NOW!

You would never see Bentley cars lending employees to some other car manufacturer..

I'm dead against lending academy type players as they are all kids and despite him being OK here,the fact is we are 17th in the bottom league. I would like to know how much these players cost the club. Bring back the reserve teams and get rid of kids play areas...

What I mean is the richer clubs have the money to sign better players that will improve their promotion chances and possibly relegation too and that is totally unfair on the rest...Money talks as usual!
    The analogy around Bentley employees not being loaned out to other car manufacturers is that those employees aren't sat on their arses waiting for a chance to fit an engine or a door.
    I disagree entirely that the loan arrangement only benefits the club loaning their player out. Yes, in this case, Arsenal will, have benefitted from their player playing games but we have benefitted rather more by having the use of a very good keeper. It works when we loan players out too. They get game time and we get to find out if they are up to scratch. We can't play them all in our first team and reserve team football was ok in it's day but I really don't recall it helping us much back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Today's team line up will tell us more .......

Well if anybody was in any doubt at the complete and utter contempt the club has for the fans then be no longer in doubt, such an important development in the club and absolutely no announcement to the fans.

Do people think we need to get another loan keeper?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    The analogy around Bentley employees not being loaned out to other car manufacturers is that those employees aren't sat on their arses waiting for a chance to fit an engine or a door.
    I disagree entirely that the loan arrangement only benefits the club loaning their player out. Yes, in this case, Arsenal will, have benefitted from their player playing games but we have benefitted rather more by having the use of a very good keeper. It works when we loan players out too. They get game time and we get to find out if they are up to scratch. We can't play them all in our first team and reserve team football was ok in it's day but I really don't recall it helping us much back in the day
    Well the reserve team policy was OK for a hundred years and PL teams have what 33 players on their books and most of their academy players are useless ie a lot like most of them and why they would rather buy and play experienced players but the plain fact is that you can only play 11 players plus subs and so half the squad are indeed sitting on their arses each week but please don't criticise a useless system we have now. I am still waiting to get a reply on how much the academy cost our club...But as usual they are useless answering fans questions. Keep us all in the dark hey?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Do people think we need to get another loan keeper?

If you want the club to stay in the football league then yes Richards is crap and Tom Booth inexperienced, on another issue the bench today is absolutely dreadful too many kids in the squad that is the problem.

Richards man of the match today...two blinding point blank saves to earn us a well deserved draw.

I don't understood this continual reference to not staying in the league. We are one point nearer the play-offs than the relegation zone. We are certainly not going to carry out an assault on the play-offs but we have enough of a team, so far (the window has 17 days left before closing) to not have a dramatic collapse towards the bottom two. Also the bottom 5 have to play each other a number of times to steal points from each other and prevent a mass surge up the table to overtake us.
    January was meant to be a tough month for us and we are unbeaten (so far). Mind you, the obverse may not follow either- February is meant be an easier month.
    I've always been a bit of a pessimist but there are limits!😉

Possibly the last word on Arthur, but it wouldn't surprise me if the success of his loan hasn't been noticed by other top clubs who are happy to entrust us with their best prospects

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Possibly the last word on Arthur, but it wouldn't surprise me if the success of his loan hasn't been noticed by other top clubs who are happy to entrust us with their best prospects
    That is a very good point. It may turn out, and it is too soon to tell, that we have the right people managing the team. Arthur turned into a very good loan signing, and who knows, the two we have signed today may be just what we need

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    That is a very good point. It may turn out, and it is too soon to tell, that we have the right people managing the team. Arthur turned into a very good loan signing, and who knows, the two we have signed today may be just what we need
    No, loan players are never the answer and youths especially. It also meant keeping our number 1 GK out of the team for half a season while training up someone who wants away as soon as convenient. I see we are signing more youth players who are not good enough for their first team. That will depress more academy graduates.

God knows what position in the league we would be without having Arthur. 17th with him, 22nd without?

On reflection no other manager would have come here with this clubs budget..and why end up with yet another youth team manager with no men's league experience following the previous four..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast