+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    No, loan players are never the answer and youths especially. It also meant keeping our number 1 GK out of the team for half a season while training up someone who wants away as soon as convenient. I see we are signing more youth players who are not good enough for their first team. That will depress more academy graduates.

God knows what position in the league we would be without having Arthur. 17th with him, 22nd without?

On reflection no other manager would have come here with this clubs budget..and why end up with yet another youth team manager with no men's league experience following the previous four..
    I think there is a contradiction in there somewhere MikeSB but I'll let someone else explain it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    That is a very good point. It may turn out, and it is too soon to tell, that we have the right people managing the team. Arthur turned into a very good loan signing, and who knows, the two we have signed today may be just what we need
    It seems to be the case. Beale is another youth International and Brighton are a good club to have connections with.

No, loan players are never the answer and youths especially. It also meant keeping our number 1 GK out of the team for half a season while training up someone who wants away as soon as convenient. I see we are signing more youth players who are not good enough for their first team. That will depress more academy graduates.

God knows what position in the league we would be without having Arthur. 17th with him, 22nd without?

On reflection no other manager would have come here with this clubs budget..and why end up with yet another youth team manager with no men's league experience following the previous four..
    How do you suggest fringe/young players gain match experience? Other than going out on loan? You seem blind to the fact that all parties benefit.

How do you suggest fringe/young players gain match experience? Other than going out on loan? You seem blind to the fact that all parties benefit.
    Well the reserve team philosopy was the answer up to the academies coming in and if I had to have academies it would be for players aged 18 and above who were strong enough and played in local amateur teams and even transferred in from other clubs. ie not loanees but transfers. eg like we had Dean Ashton and Luke Varney..

Well the reserve team philosopy was the answer up to the academies coming in and if I had to have academies it would be for players aged 18 and above who were strong enough and played in local amateur teams and even transferred in from other clubs. ie not loanees but transfers. eg like we had Dean Ashton and Luke Varney..
    Also there is an unfairness in taking loanees as it can help better supported clubs to have higher rated players and get them promoted or stop relegation and so money talks. I really don't like other clubs youngsters as all we are doing is giving them games as against giving our own games. I mean we have under 23 squads here at Crewe, use them!

You must surely recognise that having a squad full of "experienced" players that they are not all going to get first team football. Our reserves now are our Academy players and you can rest assured that they will be a lot cheaper to pay than a team full of experienced blokes consigned to reserve team football.

You must surely recognise that having a squad full of "experienced" players that they are not all going to get first team football. Our reserves now are our Academy players and you can rest assured that they will be a lot cheaper to pay than a team full of experienced blokes consigned to reserve team football.
    Yes, that is a fair point but most PL and Championship clubs have how many players of first squad quality? I think it was Chelsea that had over 40 odd and so many very well paid players are waiting to even get on the bench. I would like to know what our players are paid and even in the academy..Now we have 5 subs then there are more opportunities for our academy players but they do need some time in the game and not stuck on the bench..As I said the problem with academy players in late ****s they are not always strong enough physically and when they get injured, spend weeks getting better.

https://manchesterunitedlatestnews.c...and-their-age/

Just looked at ManU which just shows there are 31 first team players there a few months ago and so at least half of that squad are not getting games week in and week out and OK they can afford it but makes the same point about excess players in most clubs even ours..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123