+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In memory of

In memory of

Please get in touch.
    Name:  Fans.jpg
Views: 1543
Size:  93.6 KB

Jeezy peeps (as they say in Arbroath).
    Wrong email address on original post, THIS one is correct:
    Name:  Fans e.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  89.1 KB

Details sent. Look forward to reading the book.

also sent

When i looked at the thread title i went to look for my auld very worn black armband wondering which great had left us this time.I was pleasantly surprised to find that Steve had GMS'd me and all was well within my world.I have sent you an Email mate and will buy your book on the condition's mentioned in confidence.

Arabest The Boat.

Sent, thanks

I've sent details to Steve. Looking forward to the book.

Last chance
    I’m at the stage of collating and laying out the fans’ memories part of the United 40th anniversary of 1982-83 book. And the more I get into it, the more and more I am appreciating that this isn’t just a football thing. It is a piece of social history. A document telling of what it was to be a follower of a football club in Scotland in the 1980s. An account of Dundee in the 1980s.
    Celebrations in the long-gone Winston’s Bar below the Angus Hotel, wee laddies (now grown men) sitting on the fence outside Frews waiting for their dad, the Barracuda filled with United supporters. Tears in the Clep Bar.
    There is still time to get your story in. Your memories, your thoughts, and your opinions. Please, don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime chance to be part of the history.
    The six questions are:
    How long have you been a Dundee United supporter and why are you a United supporter?
    When in 1982-83 did you realise “We could really win the league this year!”?
    Favourite game of that season?
    Abiding memory of that season?
    Abiding memory of Dens Park, May 14th 1983?
    How did you celebrate that night/weekend?
    I also asked for opinions on why that team was so good, or who might be regarded as an unsung hero. But I also stipulated that not all the questions had to be answered, or for any other observations or points of view.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)