+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone on here played at a FL GROUND ?

has anyone on here played at a FL GROUND ?

I know there's plenty of us played the game at some level , my biggest ground I played at was Deepdale Preston ( a 20 min runout trialing with Burnley ) everyone got 20 mins apart from one , an unknown Bryan Flynn , nobody could get near him , he stood out way above the rest , I think most of us that day realised on h's play alone we weren't destined to make a career out of football , locally I've played at Buxton and Stalybridge , Sadly the only time I've played on Oakwell was when we beat Bradford City to reach the Premiership , a few pints ,promotion and a good neet intarn ♥

I've played at Spotland, Rochdale, in a charity game, Football Veterans-v-Local Media.

Unfortunately I was full back up against the legendary Rochdale striker Reg Jenkins He was 40 odd but scored eight before being subbed. Couldn't get near him.

The old Emley ground is as near as I got .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I've played at Spotland, Rochdale, in a charity game, Football Veterans-v-Local Media.

Unfortunately I was full back up against the legendary Rochdale striker Reg Jenkins He was 40 odd but scored eight before being subbed. Couldn't get near him.
    Tha shuntev listend to Scott (not so) Wiseman !!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The old Emley ground is as near as I got .
    smashing ground that Animal , always made welcome and very friendly , same with their Cricket Team,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    smashing ground that Animal , always made welcome and very friendly , same with their Cricket Team,
    Had a trial Roma when I was 19 years old up there but I didn't cut it at that level unfortunately .

Gone up loads of times since especially when Glav and Banks were in charge when they had a cracking team .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

It's a wonder Keef didn't bring thi to Oakwell SB , one game at Spotland and all that .

I played on a league ground in Holland in 1980 at Zandvort , not very interesting but my claim to fame lol

Had a trial Roma when I was 19 years old up there but I didn't cut it at that level unfortunately .

Gone up loads of times since especially when Glav and Banks were in charge when they had a cracking team .
    sad thing there Animal is the lads who wanted to play and enjoyed playing , we're never going to make it , the gifted one's took it for granted and I'm better than you attitude , next thing a quickie behind Whispers and a family , drinking smoking etc there career in most cases ends , can't blame the Ladies !! It's real life ,

It's a wonder Keef didn't bring thi to Oakwell SB , one game at Spotland and all that .
    I think the final score was something like 15-6 so the whole of our defence were binned after the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast