+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: thistle game

thistle game

Pitch inspection today at 10 am

game off, no surprise there, and Nelms missing again.

Had a lot of light but persistent rain. Dens not able to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    game off, no surprise there, and Nelms missing again.
    Apparently he is in America.
    Yesterday morning at 11.39 I sent an email to Greg Fenton who is the General Manager of Dundee Football Club asking him if he had arranged an early pitch inspection for the Partick Thistle game the following day as heavy rain was forecast overnight and into the early morning.
    I explained that we did not want a repeat performance of last Tuesday night’s late cancellation of the Dunfermline game which resulted in unnecessary journeys by both Dunfermline and Dundee supporters.
    Sadly I did not receive a reply from Greg Fenton and I have still not received a reply
    At 4.37pm I sent a message to John Burke the SLO about my email to Greg Fenton.
    John immediately replied stating that he had sent an email to Greg Fenton highlighting my concerns.
    This morning I received a message from John Burke advising that there was a pitch inspection at 10.am which has resulted in the game being cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
    I do not know if the pitch inspection was as a result of John Burke’s email or a request by the Partick Thistle management to avoid their supporters making an unnecessary journey.
    Sadly there has been no statement from Greg Fenton explaining why the Dens Park pitch is continually flooding even when there is only a continuous light rainfall in the Dundee area.
    Dens Park used to be a quick draining pitch but in the last few years games have continually been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
    The management of Dundee Football Club cannot blame over use of the pitch as an excuse for the pitch continually being waterlogged as only first team games are played on the Dens Park pitch.
    Youth team home games are played at Station Park. Forfar or at Whitton Park in Dundee.
    I have my own theory why the Dens Park pitch is continually flooding and I told Greg Fenton my theory in my email
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 14-01-2023 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Apparently he is in America.
    Yesterday morning at 11.39 I sent an email to Greg Fenton who is the General Manager of Dundee Football Club asking him if he had arranged an early pitch inspection for the Partick Thistle game the following day as heavy rain was forecast overnight and into the early morning.
    I explained that we did not want a repeat performance of last Tuesday night’s late cancellation of the Dunfermline game which resulted in unnecessary journeys by both Dunfermline and Dundee supporters.
    Sadly I did not receive a reply from Greg Fenton and I have still not received a reply
    At 4.37pm I sent a message to John Burke the SLO about my email to Greg Fenton.
    John immediately replied stating that he had sent an email to Greg Fenton highlighting my concerns.
    This morning I received a message from John Burke advising that there was a pitch inspection at 10.am which has resulted in the game being cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
    I do not know if the pitch inspection was as a result of John Burke’s email or a request by the Partick Thistle management to avoid their supporters making an unnecessary journey.
    Sadly there has been no statement from Greg Fenton explaining why the Dens Park pitch is continually flooding even when there is only a continuous light rainfall in the Dundee area.
    Dens Park used to be a quick draining pitch but in the last few years games have continually been cancelled due to a waterlogged pitch.
    The management of Dundee Football Club cannot blame over use of the pitch as an excuse for the pitch continually being waterlogged as only first team games are played on the Dens Park pitch.
    Youth team home games are played at Station Park. Forfar or at Whitton Park in Dundee.
    I have my own theory why the Dens Park pitch is continually flooding and I told Greg Fenton my theory in my email
    Insightful

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)