+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Thoughts

I suspect no one in the ground,including the manager and players saw that coming,how on earth are they third in the league ?
    We looked more solid,and I`m sure the early goal did them the power of good,Morrison is obviously very good at this level,and will get better when he`s match fit,the other new lad did well,but 2 or 3 times he got caught going past his man,not sure if he mis-timed his run or was simply very enthusiastic !
    Ollie was incredible,and really no one had a bad game.
    Not seen the stats but I would imagine it would be 70/30 in possesion to them,but what good does it do if you are sh*t in the final third,how many times did they pass it out of play,very,very poor,again not sure what they have been doing the rest of season,but playing like that won`t get them in the top 15.
    Anyway,who cares,great day today.....UTM.

Got even better at about 4.50pm. Sheffield Uniteds third puts Stoke behind us. Hull equalise v Huddersfield and Wigan equalise at Cardiff.

Absolutely brilliant today and this will be a platform for better things I believe.

Have a great Saturday night everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    I suspect no one in the ground,including the manager and players saw that coming,how on earth are they third in the league ?
    We looked more solid,and I`m sure the early goal did them the power of good,Morrison is obviously very good at this level,and will get better when he`s match fit,the other new lad did well,but 2 or 3 times he got caught going past his man,not sure if he mis-timed his run or was simply very enthusiastic !
    Ollie was incredible,and really no one had a bad game.
    Not seen the stats but I would imagine it would be 70/30 in possesion to them,but what good does it do if you are sh*t in the final third,how many times did they pass it out of play,very,very poor,again not sure what they have been doing the rest of season,but playing like that won`t get them in the top 15.
    Anyway,who cares,great day today.....UTM.
    23% possession and 4 goals and a clean sheet - recall the binary days when we had heaps of possession and lost with great regularity?

Never saw this coming, MT in his post match interview talked about an honest team meeting and simplifying things on the pitch - well it’s worked pitch perfect today and we’ve been right on song

No Eaves on the bench? Is he injured?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I said play Odoffin cause Lindsay hasn't impressed. Morrison Leo will get better with games. Rathbone he's found a left foot! outstanding performance. Pleased for MT I'm a fan. Needed that win only one game left this month. Still need that big forward a midfielder. If Barlaser or Chieo go will need replacing also.
    Lol,you wanted Odoffin to be released the other day.No surprise our best defensive performance, came with the omission of your favourite Harding,the worst performer of the season.

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Simple…. a solid back FOUR! More stability less for wingers to track back.

No Bergeron Diaz for them weakened their frontline. Overall though I thought they were average to poor. One chance for Dack he blew in front of the net.

SKY here today so everyone played out of their skin… fact! Shame that attitude can’t continue without the cameras.

A change in the middle, Chio in his true position on the right wing, a left back at last, midfield on fire, surprisingly no one’s come in for Rathbone yet? What a player!!

Washington very very busy all day and fully deserved his well taken goal, he just needs that target man to play off.

Biggest worry is Barlaser, Chio, a busy Ferguson and Rathbone are taken and we’re back in the mire. I’m not griping, just staying the obvious. I thought today was a Manger and team effort and they all deserve a massive Praise!

Absolutely top drawer display and deserved result engineered by MT. UTM

Get rid of MT, Get Odoffin out

Hope you choked on your cheering today 😉

Yes I said they’re beatable but bloody hell I wasn’t expecting that

Fantastic game and the two signings (are you really happy with the signings 🙄 ) made a difference

Don’t fear Watford we’re back.

Well done lads you did well today

Superb across the pitch and after a couple of weeks of only nominating a couple of players, this - whilst unconventional - seems the best option after a stunning victory!

#rufc | #ForeverTogetherForeverProud

Vote @RUFC

All of them

All of them

😂 think media guys enjoyed it

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    23% possession and 4 goals and a clean sheet - recall the binary days when we had heaps of possession and lost with great regularity?

Never saw this coming, MT in his post match interview talked about an honest team meeting and simplifying things on the pitch - well it’s worked pitch perfect today and we’ve been right on song

No Eaves on the bench? Is he injured?
    I just don’t get this possession statistic, yes Blackburn had the ball more than us but 23%, that’s just ridiculous

At half time it was 25% yet we managed 3 more goals in the second half and it dropped to 23%

Not a reliable statistic, deeply flawed

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast