+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor.

I would, in all honesty, be surprised if any of the players and management team read the ramblings of some mad men or women on a fans forum. I would be equally surprised, if they did, they would take much notice of said ramblings. You may have inside info on the matter and are able to tell me something to the contrary.

I'd be more concerned with the MH of the fans who are spending hard earned cash (in current times) to attend weekly and watch the lack of effort and quality being dished out before their very eyes.

Hopefully the new manager changes this but time will tell.

[QUOTE=Threefivetwo;40193757]

I'd be more concerned with the MH of the fans who are spending hard earned cash (in current times) to attend weekly and watch the lack of effort and quality being dished out before their very eyes.
    Got it in one. It's obviously affecting me.

Bagapapa and Threefivetwo, - I'll certainly give you that one, but you'd be surprised how many players and staff will check out the website.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Bagapapa and Threefivetwo, - I'll certainly give you that one, but you'd be surprised how many players and staff will check out the website.
    If that's the case then. Why don't they "Up their game" to avoid the flack. They can turn it on if they want to. Just scroll back to my posts about the two Edinburgh Palmerston games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    If that's the case then. Why don't they "Up their game" to avoid the flack. They can turn it on if they want to. Just scroll back to my posts about the two Edinburgh Palmerston games.
    It's Marvin first full game in charge and if you watch the post match interview he is not a happy chappy and promises to improve the quality of the performances so I will give him at least that opportunity for the next couple of weeks before harping on about his team.

Thanks Spike for some common sense.

Bagapapa, instead of being so damned aggressive, can you not simply accept that constant negativity does no-one any good and we need to at least give the manager a chance?
    The final point to make is this: MH is huge at the moment, it's the number one excuse for sickness and supporters of football clubs need to acknowledge that they play a part in positive MH. Queens sadly lost a great player through MH and we all have a duty of care to the team we allegedly support by not contributing to MH problems by making deliberately disparaging comments.
    I've said enough on this topic and courteously request that we take cognisance of the facts about MH before we shout obscenities or commit anything in writing.

Jardi, I get what you're saying about mental health and have genuine sympathy for those that suffer. They players (if they read this) are not getting abuse which goes anything towards the extreme. Footballers are notorious for taking all the praise in the world when all's going well but tell them they're not doing great and all hell breaks loose.

I'm not young anymore but would fully expect people to point out if I was carrying out my job in a substandard manner on a regular basis and to be honest would take it on board if this was this case.

As above, genuine sympathy for those with MH problems but throwing about the term when slightly criticised is a large part of what's wrong with the world in my humble opinion.

We could all skip around smiling and throwing compliments at each other with the primary aim of reaching some utopian society but that's not a world I want to live in.

I'm never going to go over the top with abuse here and don't at the game because I honestly think folk look ridiculous when shouting at the wind but constructive criticism has a place in any sensible society

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    Jardi, I get what you're saying about mental health and have genuine sympathy for those that suffer. They players (if they read this) are not getting abuse which goes anything towards the extreme. Footballers are notorious for taking all the praise in the world when all's going well but tell them they're not doing great and all hell breaks loose.

I'm not young anymore but would fully expect people to point out if I was carrying out my job in a substandard manner on a regular basis and to be honest would take it on board if this was this case.

As above, genuine sympathy for those with MH problems but throwing about the term when slightly criticised is a large part of what's wrong with the world in my humble opinion.

We could all skip around smiling and throwing compliments at each other with the primary aim of reaching some utopian society but that's not a world I want to live in.

I'm never going to go over the top with abuse here and don't at the game because I honestly think folk look ridiculous when shouting at the wind but constructive criticism has a place in any sensible society
    Do you honestly think calling someone useless is constructive criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post

Threefivetwo, - you and I are probably on the same page, in terms of agreeing that too many people latch onto the prefect excuse which cannot be denied, - but that being said, Louisiv has captured the essence of the problem in one short sentence "Do you honestly think calling someone useless is constructive criticism?"
    There is no need to deliberate any further.

The abuse hurled at some players is disgraceful. They are only trying to make their living out of the game as we all do in other professions. The stick that Max Currie took is a prime example as the guy was trying his best, got us to a semi final yet was continually slated by many on this and other sites.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)