+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor.

Poor.

Anyone else there care to disagree? Poor Marvin. Both new guys in and still useless. Todd penalty... Harry Kane will be pissing himself. 'MON THE SOUTH

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Anyone else there care to disagree? Poor Marvin. Both new guys in and still useless. Todd penalty... Harry Kane will be pissing himself. 'MON THE SOUTH
    As I was not there I am not in a position to comment on the performance but a reality check which may not be a bad thing.

Reality check is that we lost with yet another dreadful performance. How more real can you get??

Deserved a draw this afternoon. The Todd penalty miss was an absolute shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Reality check is that we lost with yet another dreadful performance. How more real can you get??
    Do you know what Bagapapa, - I'm getting really pissed off by your negativity, - yeah really pissed off. On the Marvin Bartley link I'd just said: "Lets just remember that was the new manager's first match in charge and obviously he'll be as disappointed as the rest of us, - so can we go easy on him please." - and what do you do?

You not only slate the entire team, but you state that the two new players are as useless as the rest of the team, or you inferred that, as you were proud enough to entitle a whole link "useless."

In a world where the importance of mental health is spouted at every opportunity, - do we never stop to think of the potential damage you could be inflicting on the players and now the new manager?

That's why I'm angry Bagapapa. Please can we think before we spout vitriol?

If this was perhaps his 5th or 6th game in charge and there was no difference, then "poor" might be entirely acceptable, - but to describe the team and the new lads as "useless" is in my humble opinion harsh in the extreme.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and you may quote that its a results business, but I think that even the most hard nosed punters would say, - come on, - "give the guy a chance."

I am giving the guy a chance. Today was poor. No defeat can be a good thing. I am not slating any individual person. We are not good enough. Hence our league position. I will be back up the road for the Peterhead game in two weeks hoping for better. However if they are as poor/useless again I will be posting the same. If they win or get a draw or even a loss when they play well then I will post that praising them as well. 'Mon the South!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Do you know what Bagapapa, - I'm getting really pissed off by your negativity, - yeah really pissed off. On the Marvin Bartley link I'd just said: "Lets just remember that was the new manager's first match in charge and obviously he'll be as disappointed as the rest of us, - so can we go easy on him please." - and what do you do?

You not only slate the entire team, but you state that the two new players are as useless as the rest of the team, or you inferred that, as you were proud enough to entitle a whole link "useless."

In a world where the importance of mental health is spouted at every opportunity, - do we never stop to think of the potential damage you could be inflicting on the players and now the new manager?

If this was perhaps his 5th or 6th game in charge and there was no difference, then "poor" might be entirely acceptable, - but to describe the team and the new lads as "useless" is in my humble opinion harsh in the extreme.

You are of course entitled to your opinion and you may quote that its a results business, but I think that even the most hard nosed punters would say, - come on, - "give the guy a chance."
    As an aside. young Bryden was voted as man of the match on the travel club bus. Personally I thought he done ok and will definitely be an asset to the team. Keeper as well looked to be a good bit better than the previous incumbent. Team performance though as a whole was lacking. Marvin will need a few more games to see before he gets the real picture of how bad we are and what needs to be done to improve things throughout the team. Given his undoubted enthusiasm and expectation, things will come good. However, his task is huge, and should he succeed in making Queens a team that the opposition can fear week in, week out, and can grind out results, he can class himself as a QOS LEGEND. I honestly hope he can.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Fight fight fight 😂 only kidding
    Jardi I agree with most of what you say about the new manager and giving him a chance, especially when he has identified almost straight away where we are particularly week and tried to rectify this, however having a go at someone who has every right to voice there opinion is in my view out of order, especially a fan who appears to follow queens home and away. Papa is quite correct. If the team were useless he has every right to voice his opinion. That is not a reflection of the manager at this stage cos he can only go with the quality of player he has inherited, and that quality is not great. So why be angry about others opinions. Why not give him a big kiss and make up 💋

Fatfan I appreciate your point of view and normally I see Bagapapa s viewpoint too, but sadly he has strayed into territory perhaps unwittingly where we need to be very careful in today's world.
    Mental health is an extremely important concern and we can't castigate people as 'useless' no matter how harmless we intended our post to be.
    I'm sure Bagapapa didn't mean to offend or understand the seriousness of his post, but perhaps he might like to consider a slightly disparaging tone?

Slightly less disparaging tone!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)