+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Motherwell fail to hold a lead again and draw with Ross County

Motherwell fail to hold a lead again and draw with Ross County

Surprise, surprise; Motherwell were unable to hold on to a winning lead and conceded a late equaliser to Ross County in foul conditions at Fir Park. - External Link

The clown show at CB is getting us relegated.

We're aiming for 11th and somehow scrambling through the playoffs.

Kelly was blameless, McGinn was fine (relative to being out of position), MJ, showed potential and Mckinstry did his best. Rest we're varying degrees of rotten.

I think we’re destined for the playoffs this season as while I think we’ll finish above Ross County, just, I don’t fancy us in a battle with Utd and Killie. Utd have better players than us man for man and Killie have an experienced manager in McInnes which will get them out of trouble.

I’m afraid as much as I love Stevie Hammell I just don’t see what he can do to improve things and I only see this ending badly for both him and us.

Anyone for league reconstruction?

United being done the bottom was highly amusing but never likely to last. I actually think St Johnstone are much more in the battle than them.

As for Hammell, everyone was desperate for him to do well but some decisions just scream that he's out of his depth. Going back to his old job in the next week or two may be the best solution for all parties because atm you just can't see this ending well.

It is quite apparent that Hammell is out of his depth as manager. Week on week he talks about the work and in depth tactics and information the players are given and yet we are still playing like a team of strangers. Several players are blatantly obviously not interested in the manager or the club going by their recent performances. We are leaking goals like a sieve holding water, we sign a centre back and have himsitting on the bench for the last few games. We certainly can’t win every game but we as sure as hell can stop losing them by playing as a more solid unit, IMO I would resort to a 3-5-2 formation. Yes every player would have to be on their game for it to work. But nearly every game this season we have been run over the top of in midfield allowing the opposition to dictate the tempo and style of the match. The last couple of games KVV looks totally uninterested and I would play two up front who are not going to give the opposition’s defence a minutes peace. Our free kicks, corners and throw ins are an abject disaster. All of which doesn’t bode well for us unless the manager changes his tactics or we change manager

I ain't gonna dress this up !

Whether it's us going straight down, or via the play-offs ... we will not stay up this season - end of !!

We are pi5h all over the park.

I could be wrong but, Hammel does not appear to be a person that will do the “in yer face” cajoling, or put on a gritty attitude to kick some rear ends.
    Comes across as not really in for the fight, everyone will understand etc…
    Yes, but that’s not the mentality of a manager, unless your just coaching kids.

It’s partly not his fault, but he accepted the job and fully knew what he was up against.
    As much as the players on the field are lackluster, Hammel’s post match interviews don’t inspire someone that will get the job done. He sounds the same after each game, different from his predecessor, but the same — both of the. Out of their depth and voicing the same story each has decided how they’ll review the game.

The teams downfall is down to the clubs malaise, and very poor recruitment.
    Seems like a clear out almost everywhere will be the result, and if not, then we’ll, we know how that goes…

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)